Play in Lower Steering Column Assembly U joints

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • estoguy
    replied
    Yeah, that's what I figured. I got a nice unit from a BMW wrecker outside Toronto.

    Could the old one be rebuilt if I ever needed it?

    Considering that this is the original and almost 30 years old, I'm thinking I may not have to worry LOL

    Leave a comment:


  • glucklich21
    replied
    If it isn't the guibo, then replacement is the only option really. That said, take a look at the video I made a few years ago when my guibo was bad.

    Leave a comment:


  • estoguy
    replied
    The guibo is fine. The play is in that u joint right above the rack.

    Leave a comment:


  • efficient
    replied
    Ireland engineering poly guibo.

    Leave a comment:


  • estoguy
    started a topic Play in Lower Steering Column Assembly U joints

    Play in Lower Steering Column Assembly U joints

    Hey guys,

    As the title says, I've got play in the piece below:


    I got play in the one part of the u-joint at the left (the end that is just above the steering rack). Everything else is tight.

    Other than outright replacement, is there anything else I can do with this? I'm going to a local bone yard that apparently has at least one E30 and check it out.
Working...