JOM Coilovers... how low?...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Grackle
    replied
    Originally posted by Cabriolet
    get GC 5" coils in their cup kit, and and on koni shocks. it should be less than $1k and you get a killer ride and very low. the trick is getting 5" vs normal 6" springs.



    these are 1/2" up from low in front and max all the way up in the rear.
    perches cut, no welding no tube shortening. 5h install tops.
    Hey Cabriolet, that looks to be what I want out of my car. Are you running aftermarket C/C plates for that setup?

    Leave a comment:


  • crzylildude
    replied
    Ok thank you guys... I'm listening to all the input and feedback from everyone... I'll save my $ and go GC route ... thanks!

    Leave a comment:


  • Cabriolet
    replied
    Originally posted by crzylildude
    So you guys don't recommend BC also?… I can't afford GC-coilovers…
    get GC 5" coils in their cup kit, and and on koni shocks. it should be less than $1k and you get a killer ride and very low. the trick is getting 5" vs normal 6" springs.



    these are 1/2" up from low in front and max all the way up in the rear.
    perches cut, no welding no tube shortening. 5h install tops.

    Leave a comment:


  • dereliiict
    replied
    Originally posted by crzylildude
    So you guys don't recommend BC also?… I can't afford GC-coilovers…

    Take it from experience. No.

    I would never go that route again. I'm rolling IE 3's and Koni's now. You cannot beat the handling. Isn't worth it for low.

    All that cheap, I.e. Megan, JOM, BC, etc., coilovers do to e30's, speaking from experience here, is to kill the awesome physics this car has. And your ass.

    That said, I can't speak for GC's; no experience there.

    Also, this topic has been flogged to death.

    Leave a comment:


  • ElJimo
    replied
    Originally posted by ak-
    You go from $300 coils, to $1000 coils, to not being able to afford $1200 coils, all as a temporary setup to purchase an air-bag $2000+ setup.

    Wat.
    This

    Leave a comment:


  • ak-
    replied
    You go from $300 coils, to $1000 coils, to not being able to afford $1200 coils, all as a temporary setup to purchase an air-bag $2000+ setup.

    Wat.

    Leave a comment:


  • crzylildude
    replied
    Originally posted by DRTSRFR
    He said GOOD stuff...
    So you guys don't recommend BC also?… I can't afford GC-coilovers…

    Leave a comment:


  • DRTSRFR
    replied
    He said GOOD stuff...

    Leave a comment:


  • crzylildude
    replied
    Originally posted by Cabriolet
    save your money. they are shit. get used good stuff for the same price.
    Oh really?! :( ... dang now i need to save some more to a BC-Coilovers then...

    Leave a comment:


  • DRTSRFR
    replied
    Yep, what Eric said...:rippedoff:

    Leave a comment:


  • Cabriolet
    replied
    save your money. they are shit. get used good stuff for the same price.

    Leave a comment:


  • crzylildude
    replied
    Originally posted by DRTSRFR
    OK I think I'm getting JOM for now... I think I can live with that for a while... Thanks for your help...

    Leave a comment:


  • DRTSRFR
    replied
    Search is your friend...

    Leave a comment:


  • crzylildude
    started a topic JOM Coilovers... how low?...

    JOM Coilovers... how low?...

    HELP! Anybody knows how low JOM Coilovers go... does anyone have picture to show?.... I'm thinking of going JOM for now until i get my AirBag setup together...
Working...