Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My powersteering problem.

Hey R3v.
    My power steering is acting up. It's sound like Godzilla taking a dump after Taco Bell, seriously.

The reservoir is full of new ATF fluid, and the reservoir isn't leaking.
    However the Line going down from the reservoir slightly leaking at the bottom.

Why is it making this awful noise when I turn the wheel?
    Last edited by BECKSTER; 05-18-2016, 10:17 PM.
    1990 Alpine 325is
    1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

you need to replace the line.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BECKSTER View Post
      Hey R3v.
      My power steering is acting up . It's sound like Godzilla taking a dump after Taco Bell . Seriously. ?
      "I have a vision and I won't stop"

Comment

Originally posted by Czur1991 View Post

Yes it does , seriously .
        1990 Alpine 325is

Comment

I have the answer.

1.) Belt has fluid on it so it's slipping around the pulley when you're turning and putting extra stress on it.
          2.) Pump is failing
          3.) Belt is stretched and slipping, needs replaced

I have both a new belt, and a good working pump if you'd like to purchase them. I can also help you install if you drive out to my house.

Comment

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
            I have the answer.

1.) Belt has fluid on it so it's slipping around the pulley when you're turning and putting extra stress on it.
            2.) Pump is failing

I have both a new belt, and a good working pump if you'd like to purchase them. I can also help you install if you drive out to my house.

You have solved my problems, all of them.
            Last edited by BECKSTER; 05-18-2016, 10:18 PM.
            1990 Alpine 325is

Comment

You have solved my problems, all of them.
              Originally posted by ST1G View Post
              I have the answer.

2.) Pump is failing

soory to dredge up some old shit i just found this in a search. Every time i turn my wheel left and left only it makes a power steering noise. to the right is perfect but to the left is a bit harder to steer, makes noise and my rpm's dip down while i turn it then come back up? i noticed my belt was loose some you think the solutions you described are my problem ? thank you in advance.
              i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by sonomabimmers View Post
                soory to dredge up some old shit i just found this in a search. Every time i turn my wheel left and left only it makes a power steering noise. to the right is perfect but to the left is a bit harder to steer, makes noise and my rpm's dip down while i turn it then come back up? i noticed my belt was loose some you think the solutions you described are my problem ? thank you in advance.

I've had power-steering issues on both of my e30's, a new or rebuilt pump helps out a lot.
                1990 Alpine 325is

Comment

I've had power-steering issues on both of my e30's, a new or rebuilt pump helps out a lot.

I got the problem under control unfortunately I think a new pump is still in my future thank you for answering

Tapatalk
                  i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                  X