H&R vs. Bav auto stiffness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&R vs. Bav auto stiffness

Okay so ive decided to swap the bavauto springs that came with my car for some H&R sports. Upon comparison i notice that the two springs are the same height, very nearly (.2mm) the same thickness, same number of coils, and very similar spacing(<2mm diff.). So my question is what makes the spring rate different? Should i return these or will see a difference?
    --Will

they're both progressive right? the rate changes as they compress. I dont think you can measure with a caliper or a ruler a progressive spring's feel.

lots of ppl like IE stage 3 if you're looking for a good drop and a firm feel.

Comment

I think IE3s would be too low for my taste, my car is really a driver and I dont want to be running into shit all the time. P/n on H&Rs is 50406 and they are black.
      --Will

Comment

IE3's you wont be hitting stuff all the time unless you are totally oblivious to everything on the road. I ride on Turner's Jstock springs and I dont hit stuff.

Will
        RIP e30 (brilliantrot '91 325i) 11/17/06 Byebye: 8/21/07
        Welcome e30 (brilliantrot '90 325is) 12/23/06
        DaveCN = Old Man
        My signature picture was taken by ME! Not by anyone else!

Originally posted by george graves
        If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

I have had ie's for over a year and i only worry about my reiger lip. I never have trouble with anything else. Its low but it can be a DD.
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

well based on what everyone else says about bavauto springs , they're crap . anythings better than it :)

Comment

Well i put in the H&Rs and ill let you guys no sometime over the weekend. Im waiting on a part to arrive at the dealership and then ill need an alignment. I also replaced the CAs, installed M3 CABs, and replaced tie rods and sway bar links. Bilstein Sports and new strut bearing and mounts are about a year old.
              --Will

Comment

Working...
              X