For the E30 drifters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the E30 drifters!

Was just wondering what the whole group of e30 drifters was running for suspension.
    Springs,struts, camber,sway bars,tires,etc...

Originally posted by Big_sohc View Post
    Was just wondering what the whole group of e30 drifters was running for suspension.
    Springs,struts, camber,sway bars,tires,etc...
    I'm guessing they have those on their cars

Comment

Nuh uh, real drifters don't need suspensions, they just weld it solid, just like their diffs. Bro.

But seriously, get shitty tires and drift with whatever you have on the car, it's just that simple. Building a serious drift car requires more expertise than you are showing by asking such a broad question.

Comment

BC Coils, (Or coils your choice good for budget drift)

You can modify the steering knuckles if you trust your own welding. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZIgskqlhMU

More expensive route and I am still looking into this. I KNOW you can run e46 lower control arms. Have to either modify the end of them to fit the lollipops or have someone machine/fabricate the bushings. The e30/e36 lolipops swap. e46 does not. Its to my knowledge that you have to run e36 spindles to make up in the gap difference and look into tie rods. I have seen e34 work. Or have them made. Hoping someone can provide more info on that.

If you have spare money though. Wisefab angle kit...

As far as sways, camber, tires. That depends entirely on your preference, hp/tq outputs. In my opinion. Less camber=more speed. Learn to drift without crazy degrees of camber and you will have a much easier running tandem (as you will have to if you plan on doing it on a track most likely/eventaully). As far as the tandem is concerned, closeness/distance is usually only judged at bigger events. Learn to run door to door early and you will have more fun.

Again, up to you and you funding. I hate to drop a cliche answer about that, but there is no one true formula. Just tried and reviewed and biased products of your choice.
        20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Reading down the pages. As you should do. Every day if you want to drift.

AK- posted this great article that's new to me. But detailed and list everything.
          20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

I'm from poland, in my country Drifting is most popular motorsport.

Most popular car's in drifting are
            1- e36
            2- e30
            3- s13
            4- s14
            ETC ETC

So In Low budget aplications about E30 is
            - m50b25 swap (for semi pro is m60b40 or s62b50)
            - e46 LCA
            - some budget coilover's (like MTS or TA- TACHNIX - some 250$)
            - 5lug swap
            - welded diff 4.10
            - delete all interior
            - wheels 15" (205/50 or 55 with 3,5b pressure)
            - one mass flywheel from m20
            - polyurethane in suspension
            - radiator from e30 diesel (big version)
            - e36 steering rack
            - some bucket's and 4 point harnesse's

That's all I think.

For competition

- 1 or 2jz swap, or LSX with stroker to 7,4litre (power betwin 500 - 700HP on wheel's)
            - full custom front suspension (cnc made)
            - rear suspension from bmw e39
            - full rollcage
            - radiator in trunk
            - all body panel's made by fiberglass (m3 look is very popular mass of competition car is some 1000kg)
            - 17" wheel's with 245 - 265/35 tyre's (pressure some 1b at rear)
            And a lot of more.

This is how look's drift championship's in poland. One of round from last year.
            World quality custom part's for your race/drift/drag BMW, in low cost money.

https://www.facebook.com/Projects.SAS

Comment

lifespan of them budget coils tho???

Comment

We havn't any problem's with this coilover's. Two year's they working good, past two year's with ultra low position broke shock's, but for 100$ You have new. If TA or MTS won't be good You can take KW - they fit P&P to this coilover's.

One problem with this cheap coilover's is stiffness. Because when You go down with body, you making less spring preload, and then suspension isn't too hard :/ And they havn't damper bound/rebound regulation.

The better way then "normal" MTS is MTS Black edition (or gold edition) It some 50$ more expensive but is better - Independent height and spring preload regulation.

For profesional competition we use ISC coilover's in 90% of project's. And there we have independent ride height regulation and spring preload, so in ISC you can make low car with hard suspension :) And ISC give You table of spring stiffness - The very low cost manufacturer's dont give it.

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Parts View Post
                  I'm from poland, in my country Drifting is most popular motorsport.

This is how look's drift championship's in poland. One of round from last year.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjShA26I19k

I know Polish drifting well.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9UsBmstjEw
                  Trust this guy, wish I knew more Polish/Lithuanian/Swedish people on these forums. You guys are insane!!!
                  20% Accurate

Comment

Yeah, HerbE30 You show low budget side of our drift community, but also very good looking for spectator's :D

This track is in "wyrazów" - and we called on it "polish ebisu" :D

If US army is one of strongest army in world - polish drifter's are one of strongest driver's in europe, and I think if someone from polish driver's go to FD will be on 100% in TOP 16 without any problem's. :)

Comment

Working...
                    X