Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car alignment issues

fixed
    Last edited by mrcheezle19; 08-27-2016, 07:14 PM.

Originally posted by blunttech
    Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Did you take a look at the steering column guibo? That could be shot and allowing the column to "float" side to side.
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I've grabbed onto it and pulled it around with no real play. I mean maybe a half millimeter but I don't see that being an issue. Is there another way I should test it?

Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Anybody else?

Comment

I meant check to make sure it hasn't gotten "loose" like a driveshaft guibo can do. If the bolts were moving around in a torn guibo, that would obviously cause slop. You could have a buddy turn the key on and wiggle the wheel left/right while you watch both halves of the column or visa versa to see.
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

did you ever get this handled? because i had an issue where my steering wheel would the same thing i replaced the steering coupler and a lil help but same thing then this weekend i just replaced the steering rack, new bilstiens and strut mounts and its all good. all my play was in the steering rack it seems. also if your car is a late model with and airbag try the 32mm nut at the bottom of the steering column next to the gas pedal in the car.
            i love bmws

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
            X