Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone want to know that I AM an idiot....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone want to know that I AM an idiot....

Hey guys, feeling pretty dang-o stupid. Why? I bought Deutche Parts "Ebay junk" although I think they just refurbish control arms. I was wondering if anyone else had experience with their Control arms tie rods. etc. I feel like its just refurbished parts, although the control arms DO have bmw factory looking markings on there. BMW badge with random numbers. Would a cheap maker go through the trouble to dupe the markings or just put cheap internals?

Also, why I feel really stupid. The securing plate on the tie rods. See, I destroyed the old so I did not run one. What are the dangers I am looking at? Vibration at wheel? Or tie rod failure? I had to work the next day and really had no choice. I assumed buying cheap meant I would have to run back through the suspension shortly after anyway. Do it right once. Lesson learned!

Also....... My shocks old plastic tubing that surrounded the upper part of the shock. Tried re-using it. But check a couple days ago and the fronts are gone so exposed shock.... How bad is this?

ALSO (not my fault) the front sway bar mounting brackets are just gone. WTF..

SOOOOO, since I can not trace down my steering 'pull in direction I last turned' problem/weird vibrations' , entire thing will be done again.

Reason I am posting this is so you guys can laugh and bash. I feel stupid. haha.

Just wanting to know if Meyle is a good choice on tie rods? Also, if I live about 2 hours from a dealership where can I order new shock washers securing plates?? Like just give them the part number and wait kinda thing?

I kinda wanted a bash, but so many purchases, I'm sure I am not the only one.

The front suspension will get another overhaul with proper parts once I can get random small things. Which based on my poor steering response will be shortly after my subframe. (already have full rear condor kit)

Or am I just over reacting and need to switch off my winter tires and get proper summer?

I hope without the shock cover my Billys aren't ruined. :(

I need new shock mount/bearings anyway so I can't let those rot out.

Since I'm such an idiot I may run coilovers on the 30. Ran them on my old mk3 and loved the compact set-up with great performance.

Just kinda hate myself right now guys, I screwed up buying cheap parts/not researching what small items I will need. This is the worst thing by far I have done to my car.

Just wanting opinions on the best way to resolve my idiocy. Can't sell my thirty though.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Also I need good diagrams w/parts number listings for the tie rod and shock/spring set-up if anyone can assist.
    20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Also need a parts number for the bolt that holds the lollipop. Or just dimensions on that so I can run to a parts store and get some newer ones?
      20% Accurate

Comment

Realoem.com. Become familiar as it gives exploded views as well as part numbers so you can cross reference models and production dates.

Browse a bit too as all of these issue have been covered.

As far as your question for acquiring parts there are many fine forum sponsors that would love your business and are glad to answer any questions directly.
        Swanny!
        SUCKERS.

Comment

Working...
        X