need some guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some guidance

i have decided that as opposed to modifying my car for hp (aka penis measuring) ive chosen to focus on my suspension components.... now id like to know what direction i should go for increasing handling, predicatbility reducing body roll and such. i already have springs and shocks on the car and tires are soon to be ordered... ive heard that replacing the bushings is the way to go but id like to know which bushings and where to get them and how much am i looking to spend? (sway bars and struts are on the list but i want to tighten up what ive got now b4 adding compents to it)

o btw the car will be daily driven on the street aggressively...if you will
    Originally posted by ebelements
    Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

To be honest, there is no need to go aggressive bushings if the car is driving on the street...

Subframe,TA,SwayBar,CA are a good start for replacing..

If you want to reduce roll, bigger swaybars... since you are on the street.. you don't want to go stiff springs...

Comment

where to get these aforementioned bushings for a nice price
      Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

i would go poly only on the subframe bushings if it's a street car or DD. your TA bushings might still be good so check before buying some. i would also just use the E30M CAB for your application. for sways, replace all the bushings and end links. if you can source out a rear e30M bar that would be a nice upgrade. check your tie rods, ball joints, RSM and strut mounts too.

1991 330is

Comment

i can get poly bushings for the same amount as m3 offset cabs and when you say sways do you mean new sways or just the bushings themselves

Comment

i'd start on a cosmetic side if you know what i mean ;)
            sigpic

Comment

since no one else asked, what springs and shocks are you running?

Originally posted by rwdrift
              Back to E-Rich's car and drifters. His car is baller, purpose built. Posers are fags. KA-Ts suck. I like beer. And I need monies.
              - Erick

Comment

What E-rich said. :).
                Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

im on vogtland springs and kyb shocks

Comment

Working...
                  X