Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billy sports or Koni sport adjustables for 87 E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Billy sports or Koni sport adjustables for 87 E?

Probably gonna get H&R sports for springs unless I'm advised otherwise. The car is a daily driver (for now :rofl:) What's a better ride/handling combo for a daily?

I'm also looking into both sets. I hear a lot of mixed reviews with the Billy Sports. A lot say it's too harsh and a lot swear it's the best ride ever...

-E
    -ALaS

Comment

i like adjustability at all 4 corners. too harsh? turn it down. going to an autox or track day? turn it up.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alas View Post
        I'm also looking into both sets. I hear a lot of mixed reviews with the Billy Sports. A lot say it's too harsh and a lot swear it's the best ride ever...

-E
        Ive heard the same thing a lot. I guess it comes down to how good your back is and how long you want it to stay that way lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
          i like adjustability at all 4 corners. too harsh? turn it down. going to an autox or track day? turn it up.
          Good point, but would the H&R sports be up for the stiffer dampening for track or would i want the race H&R's down the road? Coils would be when the car turns into a track rat, but thats far off in the distance lol

Comment

I don't have experience with h&r sports + bilstein
            sigpic

Comment

I went from Billy Sports + H&R Race to Ground Control Coilovers (with the custom Konis) and the difference is night and day.

I would not suggest the Billy/H&R combo to anyone after how good the GC's feel.

Comment

just to reiterate as citizen_insane said, GC customizes according to the spring rates. You won't be able to get it down as good as they do with the off the rack adjustable koni's but you can get a better ride overall compared to the bilsteins IMO.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X