Steering wheel wiggle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering wheel wiggle

Over bumps, my steering wheel can move up and down a little. I know that my lower control arms/CAB and tie rod ends are shit and are going to be replaced soon. Do you think that these could be causing the problem?

TIA
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Could be the bolts on the firewall/near pedals that are loose that hold the steering column.

New tie rods and control arm bushings will definitly help though.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Do you also feel it under heavy braking? If so, CABs. Even my newish M3 cabs do it with high performance pads and stick rubber. I'll have to step up to solid mounts soon enough.

If you say your entire front suspension is in need of replacement, you already have you answer anyways...
      87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

Id replace all those suspension parts first and see if the problem persists. Sounds like itll disappear when you get the maintenance done.

IS - do you post of tgr forums as well?
        Back to my roots

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I replaced all the front suspention except thoes two parts that I mentioned. I don't know about the braking but I will check that out. I will change thoes parts over in the next few weeks so I will see how that works out and post back with the results.
          Originally posted by cabriodster87
          "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
          Originally posted by Kershaw
          i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Working...
          X