Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ground control spring rates ---- are they correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ground control spring rates ---- are they correct?

I got the ground control kit in and wanted to know what spring rates I have. I have herd of GC sending the wrong spring rates and they are labeled in code. Does anyone know?

Front springs #'s are 172630 0500.225.0750

Rear spring #'s are 181648 gc or cc (cant tell) 150.64.77

all springs are eibach springs. Any help would be great before they are to go on next week.

They were to be 450/750

TIA

V
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
    I got the ground control kit in and wanted to know what spring rates I have. I have herd of GC sending the wrong spring rates and they are labeled in code. Does anyone know?

Front springs #'s are 172630 0500.225.0750

Rear spring #'s are 181648 gc or cc (cant tell) 150.64.77

all springs are eibach springs. Any help would be great before they are to go on next week.

They were to be 450/750

TIA

V

I think you have them switched. The first set 500.225.750 would be a rear spring as its 2.25" in diameter.

500 = 5" length
    225 = 2.25" diameter
    750 = spring rate

The other ones are metric numbers - there is a thread on bf.c track forum that has the conversion rates on it . . . I'll look for it.
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Yes the 150.64.77 is your front spring.

About 439 lbs rate. Close to 450, but not exactly it.
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

Thank you sir, you are the man!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Those are some wild rates.

Good luck.

Comment

Its actually a 440 lb front spring. The 0500.225.0750 are the rear springs.

They no longer stock the 450# spring in 6" - only the 440.

You'll like that setup, albeit it leans a little towards oversteer. I'm running 440/700 and VERY pleased.
            87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

yeeeaaaaahhhh. why so soft in front, and soo stiff in rear? i have a 500/650 setup going on my e30 in the very very near future(struts are all welded up, just need camber plates).
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

I did some research and to get a good ballance that was what everyone was going with and liking. GC even said it was a good set up. Oversteer is no problem for me. In fact I rather have a bit over than understeer. Nothing worse than having a car push out and not turn. If I get in trouble the worst is the car comes around. Ill report back when I get them in!

Comment

Yes, wheel rates are approx .85 front, .45 rear. Your 500/650 setup will most likely understeer.

A 2:3 ratio is a pretty good starting point.
                  87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

Looking forward to hearing how you like the setup. Same set up I installed on my car and while she pushes just a little bit, it still feels very balanced and handles beautifully.

BTW, how's the motor swap coming along?
                    - Jason

Comment

for the last 3 weeks I have been in the hospital so this week they are going in. I will let you know how they are towards the end of the week! :) As for the swap its going to have to sit a bit or sell off to pay for all the hospital bills that I have coming in. Sucks but such is life! Im still trying to pull it off some how!

How things with you?

Comment

Sounds good. Sorry to hear about the hospital thing. I hope you're feeling better. I tell ya, I think we're getting the storm the Florida shoulda had. Winds in El Paso were over 100mph today, plus hail and lighting strikes everywhere...we're in for one freakish night. I might have to put the e30 in storage tonight and drive the vette, cuz Lord knows I'd rather lose the vette than the e30...
                        - Jason

Comment

OK I got them in and all I can say is holy freaking A! I so love them! It made all that time that I spent cursing so worth it! I also added the M3 sway bars and every polly bushing you could buy. The car rides on rails and though I have not got them dialed in the car is a million times better!

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X