Lowered = Heavy Steering ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowered = Heavy Steering ??

Just wondering if my symptoms are normal... ever since Bilstein Sports / H&R Sports drop and re-alignment, the steering feels like underflated tires - heavy at low speeds and poor return-to-center. I topped-up steering fluid with ATF (it was slightly below MIN) and checked tire pressures. Did not check PS pump v-belt yet. I'm also running on M3 bushings. TIA.

TN
    1988 325is

From reading other people's posts, I think it has more to do with your eccentric M3 bushings.

Got any pics of your car :). Looks nice in that pic!
    Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

Hey Mike, I did the M3 bushings last year and the steering was heavier but not like it is now... I guess the drop intensified it.

Thanks for the compliments, posted my pics under Rides...

Originally posted by MikesJo View Post
      From reading other people's posts, I think it has more to do with your eccentric M3 bushings.

Got any pics of your car . Looks nice in that pic!

Comment

The increase in caster (from the m3 CABs) increases steering effort, since you end up raising the car as you turn the wheel.
        87 325IS - Delphin Grey/Cardinal

Comment

I'm running the exact same setup and have noticed the same. It was either worse when it was first installed and all the ball joints were brand-spanking new, or I have gotten used to it :)

I think it has loosened up a bit though. It felt a little numb but after a couple of months the feedback seemed to return.

Comment

Thanks eighteight... good to know.

Comment

Working...
            X