Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions of KW V1

Hello everyone,

I'm currently studying what my new suspension setup will be and I've come across the KW V1 with the forged forged spindles.

The car won't really get much track time, probably 3 times per year, so that really isn't a concern. I'm looking for a somewhat comfortable ride (roads here are really bad) and height adjustment is a must.

My car is originally a 316i so it has the 45mm struts and 51mm ones are quite expensive over here. This is important because next year I'm swapping in a M54b30, so having the wider struts would be nice.
    Also, it's hard to come across good welders over here and the good ones aren't cheap.

To sum up, I want:

Good/decent handling (ideally better than my last setup which was H&R sports with Bilstein sports)
    Height adjustment
    Comfortable ride

And complete strut with spindle is a big plus.

Are these for me? Any opinions on them?

Edit:
    Here's the link to Kw's page:
    https://www.kwsuspensions.net/bmw_e30
    Last edited by pipeuy; 11-09-2018, 08:46 AM. Reason: Adding link
    1990 Bmw 316i 2 door Alpine Weiß 2
    1990 Bmw 535iA Alpine Weiß 2 (soon to be manual)

If 51mm strut housings are tough to come by, then these may fit the bill. For a street car, the only downside I can see is if the strut needs replacing down the line, since it's not an off-the-shelf replacement insert like a standard Bilstein or Koni.

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
      If 51mm strut housings are tough to come by, then these may fit the bill. For a street car, the only downside I can see is if the strut needs replacing down the line, since it's not an off-the-shelf replacement insert like a standard Bilstein or Koni.
      Didn't think of a strut needing replacement, I'll contact KW and ask them about that. Thanks!
      1990 Bmw 316i 2 door Alpine Weiß 2
      1990 Bmw 535iA Alpine Weiß 2 (soon to be manual)

Comment

Given your parameters, it would be hard to top the KW V1 setup. I would jump in headfirst.

It's not an overtly large selling point, but no other manufacture produces new spindles, we all use cores.
        ADAMS Autosport

Comment

Working...
        X