M3 Sway bar tabs for regular E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3 Sway bar tabs for regular E30

I just picked up some sway bars. I have the m3 links and a 325is, therefore I need the tabs that can be welded to the strut. Where can I get these.
    I searched and people said that Ground Control and TMS offer these, but I cannot find them on their respective sites. I did find reinforcements on TMS' site though.

is that what I should use?

Also, can these tabs be welded onto the strut without taking my Bilsteins out?

Thanks

call groundcontrol, they dont have them on the website, but when you call them they're more than proud to say that only half their stuff is on the website. I got them a couple months ago for about 30$ shipped

Comment

Make them yourself. Sawzall, grinder, and a drill will do it.

I also welded some gussets in between the strut tube and the knuckle while I was at it.

Comment

Originally posted by 2002maniac View Post
        Make them yourself. Sawzall, grinder, and a drill will do it.

I also welded some gussets in between the strut tube and the knuckle while I was at it.
        What type of metal should I use? and where do you get it?

Thanks!

Comment

M3 type sway bar tabs.

[ATTACH]4139[/ATTACH]
          Made from .75 X 2.0 square steel tubing. Inside of piece is 2.0 and flush with strut tube. The sway bar is a stock 1991 318is and turn in is crisp (also E36 rack) and body roll is minimal. Springs are 1.5" lowering type but just a bit stiffer than stock. I like it a lot better than with the coil overs with 350# front and 450# rear. It rides a lot better with the softer springs and the bar handles body roll.
          Last edited by 1991 318is; 10-18-2006, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X