Some intall questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some intall questions

So right now I am rebuilding my front suspension again with some nice bilstein shocks I got in the mail today, as well as some other strut related stuff. I know that the stock shocks had oil in the strut to help with shock cooling. Do I need this with the bilstein shocks? Where can I get the tool to get the threaded collar on/off? Last one, how do I keep the shock shaft from spinning ewhen I tighten the top nut?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mike325; 10-11-2006, 04:10 AM.
    Originally posted by cabriodster87
    "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
    Originally posted by Kershaw
    i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

cut a slit in the collar nut, put a screw driver on it and tap it with a hammer. When i did my suspension i got new hex gland nuts so i just used channel locks to tigheten it. Maybe you can try to flatten the nut so you can get a channel lock on it. to keep it spinning i only tighten it until it starts to spin, i never had a problem with it yet

Comment

intall?

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by StereoInstaller1 View Post
        intall?
        LOL, I fix;)
        "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."

Comment

Where can I get the tool to get the threaded collar on/off?

If you don't want to buy a special tool, you can either use a plumber's wrench or an angle grinder key wrench (insert one pin into one of the holes in the threaded collar and push the other pin against the rim of the collar).

Last one, how do I keep the shock shaft from spinning ewhen I tighten the top nut?

There sould be a hex on the top of the shaft. You should use one hex tool (socket, wrentch etc.) to hold the hex and another to tighten the nut.
          You can also do the final tightrning of the nut with everithing installed and the car on the ground. the weight of the car will keep the shaft from spinning.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferret View Post
            Where can I get the tool to get the threaded collar on/off?

If you don't want to buy a special tool, you can either use a plumber's wrench or an angle grinder key wrench (insert one pin into one of the holes in the threaded collar and push the other pin against the rim of the collar).

Last one, how do I keep the shock shaft from spinning ewhen I tighten the top nut?

There sould be a hex on the top of the shaft. You should use one hex tool (socket, wrentch etc.) to hold the hex and another to tighten the nut.
            You can also do the final tightrning of the nut with everithing installed and the car on the ground. the weight of the car will keep the shaft from spinning.
            Exactly what my teacher said this morning. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Update: Got it all installed without a hitch. Thanks guys:p

Comment

Working...
              X