Shorter front struts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shorter front struts

I bought a kit with springs and shocks and it has always bugged me that with the car off the ground the fronts have 0 tension. I was wondering what kind of front struts I can get that will have a shorter piston? I just want these to quit popping and be a little tighter. Springs are 1.25" drop. :?
    Originally posted by 325Projectz
    don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
    :nice:

"fronts have 0 tension"?......you mean the springs get a bit loose?.......

no biggie w/ shrtr springs.... its common.
    I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRKaplan View Post
      "fronts have 0 tension"?......you mean the springs get a bit loose?.......

no biggie w/ shrtr springs.... its common.
      Everybody says that.
      I like it tight though. ;) And I am happy with my cheapy springs aside from the creaky popping noises. I know if I had shorter strut pistons(like an inch) it would be quieter .

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
        Everybody says that.
        I like it tight though. ;) And I am happy with my cheapy springs aside from the creaky popping noises. I know if I had shorter strut pistons(like an inch) it would be quieter .

I run shrtr koni inserts w/ hr race sprgs.......not that noticeable. Y so concerned when car is up in air?........

Comment

Originally posted by JoelRKaplan View Post
          I run shrtr koni inserts w/ hr race sprgs.......not that noticeable. Y so concerned when car is up in air?........
          It pops and shakes weird over speed bumps and driveways/ entry ways. It is irritating
          and I would like it to be tighter so I can feel the true benefit of my brace and Kopi's when they get here. When I had my struts out to install the camber plates I didn't even ahve to compress them to take the nut off, they had no tension! :(

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
            It pops and shakes weird over speed bumps and driveways/ entry ways. It is irritating
            and I would like it to be tighter so I can feel the true benefit of my brace and Kopi's when they get here. When I had my struts out to install the camber plates I didn't even ahve to compress them to take the nut off, they had no tension! :(

ummm...that does not sound right....AT ALL

Comment

That's not a strut issue, my springs are so loose they have about 2 inches from the top of the strut and don't make any noise.

Comment

I replaced the pads and bumpstops when I put the plates in and new front strut inserts while I had them out. I guess I will just replace my complete tie rod assembly and CA's and such and see if it still does it.

Comment

Do you have a powersteering rack with the pump unhooked?

Just give your front wheels a good shake when the car is jacked up, see if they move up and down or side to side and report back.

Comment

Working...
                  X