Vogtland springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vogtland springs

So i'm going to go with vogtland springs since they are quite a bit less than H&R sports and stiffer, i think they will be a better setup for me. Any reason why i shouldnt? the 1.6" drop is about the same too.

i saw 190F/343R rear H&R sport spring rates and

220F/360R for Vogtland rates.

There's nothing wrong with them. They're just not as common on this forum.

Where are you going to buy them from?

-Erik

Comment

FCP groton on ebay. he has them for $180+26 ship. I'm also getting control arms, strut mounts, guibo, tie rods from him. all i need is some new e-brake shoes to go with stuff i've already bought. oem subframe mounts, oem rear arm bushings, m3 cabs. none of that stuff is even on the car yet. I'm getting vibes while I go down the road though and shaking when i brake. I had the driveshaft rebuilt (but not rebalanced, the shop was sure he put it back together right) and I put on a new CSB. When I get all of this stuff finished hopefully I won't have vibes. Otherwise the driveshaft will go to sac-drive-line for a high speed balance and i'll get a CSB too. If I still have vibes.... then its probably the rear end or tires.

Comment

Originally posted by ptownTSI View Post
        220F/360R for Vogtland rates.
        Where did you find the rates for the Vogtlands?
        Last edited by Brian D; 12-07-2006, 11:51 AM.
        1973 Bavaria

Comment

they were posted on here a long time ago. if you search for "spring rate vogtland" you can probably find the thread.

Comment

Ah, thanks. I'm interested in these springs also, I was looking at H&R sports or these. Vogtland has a pretty good reputation from what I've seen.

Also interested in your results with FCP Groton, their e-bay feedback is pretty impressive. I'm going to be doing a front end rebuild in the next month also.
            1973 Bavaria

Comment

i been running these vogtland springs for about 3yrs, they are pretty good for street/aggressive mountain driving. i would suggest them to any1 who wanted a nice drop and decent stiffness.
              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Just an FYI about FCP Groton:

I have been buying parts from them for the past 4-5 years, on and off ebay. They are a great seller, very organized and honest about your questions.

they played a great part in the restoration of a couple volvo projects I have gone thru overtime.

PS: I am not afiliated with FCP just a satisfied customer, and wish the same to fellow board members.

Q

Comment

Working...
                X