Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT: Do I have the right Bilstien shocks?? pics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT: Do I have the right Bilstien shocks?? pics.

Hey,
    Ok.. here's the story, I'm new to the whole car business and anyone could say this is a key and it'd be a wheel and i'd believe him.. ..ok.. maybe i wouldnt.. but you get what I mean.. Anyway, I just purchased a "Bilstien Installation Kit" for my e30.. which was suppose to comprise of Bilstien springs and Bilsien sport shocks for front and rear. Already I've noticed they sent me used "sachs" springs instead off new Bilstien ones.. So before I go complaining tomrrow I thought i'd throw up some photos of the shocks they sent me.. and some of you car guru ppl can tell me if I got Bilstien sport shocks or not. I wanted sport shocks.

Here are the pics:

thanks so much!! r3vlimited has bein a great help for me.. and my e30 haha
    cheers,
    Jono.

I looked on Bilstein's website.

The BNE 1981 are for the touring shocks.

The sports shocks are F4-B36-2027-H0 (rear)
    F4-P30-0334-H0 (appears to be the front)

I dont think you have the sport shocks...start bitching!
    Last edited by Mastrcruse; 03-02-2007, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Those look like tourings to me, good luck getting that sorted out!
      '89 325is S50 Track Montser
      '04 X5 Daily/Tow Vehicle

http://www.avarestoration.com

http://www.myspace.com/brendanfiddle

Click here if you want to be my zombie slave...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Fidhle007

Comment

Originally posted by Fidhle007 View Post
        Those look like tourings to me, good luck getting that sorted out!
        +1
        Originally posted by cabriodster87
        "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
        Originally posted by Kershaw
        i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

Hey,
          thanks heaps for that guys.. I just decided to return the whole lot, and I'm purchasing the suspension from a decent shop.. rather than some etchy wreckers.. When I've got the car all dialed I'll throw some pics on r3vlimited!

thanks again, if it wasnt for you guys my 325iS would be rolling on some weak touring suspension..:nice:

cheers

Comment

Hey, I'm rolling on that weak touring suspension. I wish I knew that with the lowered springs, the shocks will wear out faster before I put them in:( Not a big deal though. Glad you found out the easy way. Get the sport shocks.
            Originally posted by cabriodster87
            "Honey? What color is this wire? Is it the same as that one? Are you sure? I don't believe it. OK, it works. Thank you sweetie."
            Originally posted by Kershaw
            i've got a boner and a desire to speed.

Comment

These are definately Touring or "TC" Bilsteins. They are an upgrade from OEM Boge or Sachs but are also a bit softer than the Sports. Price is $225-250 a set versus $400+ for sports. The BTS kit is $675+ and consists of four Sport shocks and four Bilstein Springs.
              From AJUSA.com:
              The Bilstein BTS Suspension components provide a dramatic increase in your vehicle's performance handling characteristics. The BTS consists of 4 coil springs with a performance directed spring rate and Bilstein's patented monotube gas pressure shock absorbers. The sport level valving is specially tuned for your specific vehicle. The BTS system provides a lower stance and firmer ride for better road handling and control. This is most economical way to vastly improve your car's performance and appearance.

Part #BTS7511 Description List Price
              83-91 BMW E30 318is/325e/325es/325i/325is $1135.68 $684.52

If you paid $675+ you got had!
              Last edited by 1991 318is; 03-02-2007, 10:33 PM.

Comment

FYI.... I can get you guys the BTS7511 kit for right under $600....

Comment

Working...
                X