Vogtland springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vogtland springs

Over spring break I finally got to put the vogtland springs on my car. They went in much easier than I thought but the rear end seems to be sitting higher than most other cars on the board with Vogtland springs. Also the rear on the passenger side sits a half inch higher. Odd? I thought maybe they sent me the springs for a four cylinder but the box says they are for the six. What do you guys think?

Seems a litte high for some reason
    Who doesn't love a little BBQ?
    Griot's Garage at a Deep Discount

Comment

I dunno, are those supposed to be ultra low or what? I think it looks pretty good myself. People say that springsd settle over time. Mine has not gotten even a 1/2" lower in 2 years.

Maybe you should get a bigger subwoofer!

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

that looks perfect to me. The other people might have had a late model car

Comment

I think it could use another 1" drop all around, I'm not sure what the spring rates on those are though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzen View Post
            I think it could use another 1" drop all around, I'm not sure what the spring rates on those are though.
            that would be stupid. hes on 14", if that car was 1" lower, he would be like cup-kit status, maybe even lower...
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

they seem fine to me can you get any measurements? are all your spring pads in still?
              Originally posted by ebelements
              Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Originally posted by golde30 View Post
                that would be stupid. hes on 14", if that car was 1" lower, he would be like cup-kit status, maybe even lower...
                Maybe its just the rear arches fucking with my head

Comment

Looks pretty good to me!

Make sure you're measuring from the axle center on both sides, not from the floor.
                  Mike

www.purems.com |Temecula, CA | 866-397-5487

Comment

Looks pretty low. It should settle a bit over the following weeks/month :).
                    Vancouver Portrait Photographer

E30 M3 Wallpapers

Comment

I am suffering this same problem with my Bilstein/Eibach combo. Any chance this could be due to worn trailing arm bushings? I ask because I still haven't solved the problem. I removed the spring pad from the passenger side too. Any ideas would be helpful and sorry for the thread jack.
                      Drive Fast Safe
                      sigpic

Comment

looks good to me, but i'd prefer lower

Comment

I could be the camera angle. In the drivers side pic the camera looks lower, like you're kneeling. In the passengers side pic, the camera looks higher like you're standing. Take a pic of the passengers side kneeling, the same way you did on the drivers side, and compare the two with the same angle.

Comment

Yea I measured again and the right rear is roughly a half inch higher. All spring pads are still in. I think your right on the camera angle, it looks like i was standing on the passenger side picture, but the measurements dont lie.

Does anyone else have pictures of vogtlands on a pre-plastic bumpered car?

Also having some problems with noises coming from the front springs rubbing against the spring pads when turning the wheel. Is there a solution for this?

Comment

i like that stance. What shocks are you using?

Comment

Working...
                              X