Camber adjustment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber adjustment?

I was just seeing what my options are and what route you guys took to get your camber adjusted. I'm about 2.25 negative front and rear, and my tires are definetly showing that after 2200 miles. I heard of camber plates for the rear, but from what I heard they aren't legit and the adjustment gets thrown off after several months. Another method i heard of requires taking off the subframe and some welding. I don't really want to deal with that since i already took off my rear subframe and trailing arms to put on urethane bushings. I haven't done much research on this, but I'm hoping you guys will point me in the right direction. I'm just not trying to spend a fortune to adjust my camber and not trying to go through a set of tires every 10,000 miles.

well since you just shat on both of your real options all i can say is rotate your tires, if theyre directional take them to a tire shop and have them swap what wheels theyre on (ie take a left tire of its rim and put it on one of the rims on the right side)

past that your options are camber correcting trailing arm bushings, ive read AKG makes the best, or the weld in kits
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Adjust your toe, I run -3.5 camber all the way around on my car no weird tire wear. Toe is what eats tires not camber.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
        Adjust your toe, I run -3.5 camber all the way around on my car no weird tire wear. Toe is what eats tires not camber.
        What do you run for toe on your car? Since there is no toe adjustment in the rear, how do you deal with that?

I have a hard time seeing half of the width of the tire not touching the ground NOT causing odd, uneven tire wear. Several of the shops I have spoken with suggest using the IE adjustable trailing arm setup. $150 on parts vs. cubic dollars in tires. Who knows...I am just sick of the tire wear issues Personally, I would like better straight line stability. My car is a DD, not the canyon carver/cone killer it thinks it is.

Luke

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
          The camber is definately what eats tires. -3.5 is track car specs. Street should be around -1.5 respectively.

Comment

How large of an adjustment can I make with trailing arm bushings and is that available for the front and rear? From what I can recall is it only .5 degrees at the most? Didn't ground control recently come out with rear camber plates? If so has anyone tested them out?

Comment

for the front you can get camber plates

the rear is where you use teh bushings, im not sure how much adjustment they give, i dont have them
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
              Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerobsession View Post
                I was just seeing what my options are and what route you guys took to get your camber adjusted. I'm about 2.25 negative front and rear, and my tires are definetly showing that after 2200 miles. I heard of camber plates for the rear, but from what I heard they aren't legit and the adjustment gets thrown off after several months. Another method i heard of requires taking off the subframe and some welding. I don't really want to deal with that since i already took off my rear subframe and trailing arms to put on urethane bushings. I haven't done much research on this, but I'm hoping you guys will point me in the right direction. I'm just not trying to spend a fortune to adjust my camber and not trying to go through a set of tires every 10,000 miles.
                These just popped up on flyingbrickperformance.com not too long ago:

Sure look like camber adjustments to me. I know about them because they came available like 1 week after I got the urethane ones.

That said, we will see where my camber ends up in the rear. I have heard there is a lot of variation in lowered E30s.

-E
                WTB

Lots of good parts FS!

Comment

Originally posted by ErykTheRead View Post
                  These just popped up on flyingbrickperformance.com not too long ago:

Sure look like camber adjustments to me. I know about them because they came available like 1 week after I got the urethane ones.

That said, we will see where my camber ends up in the rear. I have heard there is a lot of variation in lowered E30s.

-E
                  that doesn't adjust anything. You have either two options, use the AKG trailing arm bushings, or use a weld in kit from SBi or Ireland. the SBi tabs are nicer tabs.

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
                    that doesn't adjust anything. You have either two options, use the AKG trailing arm bushings, or use a weld in kit from SBi or Ireland. the SBi tabs are nicer tabs.
                    You are, of course, correct. Brain fart.

Your shock may be at a different angle, but that would be it. Too long looking at front suspension plates...

-E
                    WTB

Lots of good parts FS!

Comment

Working...
                    X