Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Running Coilovers + 17's In The NE?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Running Coilovers + 17's In The NE?

As written in the title - anyone here running coilovers + 17" wheels in the northeast US?

I'm thinking about this setup for one of my E30's --- wondering what spring rates are survivable up here? Maybe 300/475? Or 350/500?

I will be using Koni SA's.

Thanks!

I run 350/475 with Koni's on my daily driver, albeit with 15" rims. Also running solid camber flates up front. The ride is very livable though, in fact it rides better than most of the new BMW's runflats and the sport package.
    '91 318is
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Do you HAVE to use camber plates, to run GC's? Or can you use them w/ stock mounts?

I have an E46 M3 w/ 18's, but it's only running Eibach Pro Kit springs, which are progressive, so it's probably going to be softer than 17's on an E30 w/ coilovers.

Comment

i'm running GC coilovers with 450/650 spring rates. i dont believe you HAVE to use the camber plates but they definitely help.
        '12 F30 328i Sport Line
        '91 SpecE30 #523
        '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

I would say that my car's ride is pretty similar to a stock e46 M3 with the 18s.

And no, you don't need camber plates, but I would highly recommend them for a couple reasons: lower stack height, which = more suspension travel, adjustability (obviously), and most e30's are still running around on the original upper strut mounts, which tend to compress and get very stiff. I've got the Vorshlag plates and they are awesome.
          '91 318is
          sigpic

Comment

Awesome - thanks fellas!

Comment

Working...
            X