Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thicker Sway Bar = wider sway bar bushing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thicker Sway Bar = wider sway bar bushing?

According to the Sway Bar Size Thread in the DIY section the 325is has a front of 20mm and rear of 12mm. It also states Eibachs are front 20mm and rear 16mm. I have a few questions.

Is there only one type/size Eibach sway bars for a 325is?

Why would Eibachs front be the same as the 325is factory?

Will I need a sway bar bushing with a wider hole for the thicker bar?

I bought an 89 325is that has Eibachs on them and I plan on transferring them to my 90 325is. Thanks

The front sway is probably adjustable and you will need to transfer the bushings and possibly the end links.
    :: PNW Crew ::
    '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

I just put in new OEM sway bar bushings and links in the front. I haven't done anything to the back yet. I plan on buying new bushings and new links for the back when I swap bars.

My quesition is will I need specific bushings and links due to the Eibachs being thicker?

Comment

You shouldn't have to if both the bars are 20mm since they are round.
        :: PNW Crew ::
        '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

The rear bar is thicker though. So will I need a bar bushing with a wider hole? I imagine so but none of my searches are finding a 16mm bar bushing....

Comment

Generally when sway bars are non-standard diameter, they come with the new bushings. They often also come with new drop links. If you are swapping off another car, the bushings and end links will need to come with the bar.

-E
            WTB

Lots of good parts FS!

Comment

Working...
            X