anyone running these KW coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone running these KW coilovers?

this is the link... KW coilovers (bold and underlined.. i don't mess around..lol)

$1300 doesn't seem too unreasonable for a full bodied e30 coilover.. not that i'm rich, but most of the GC setups and such that i've been reading about are similar in price after all is said and done..

sorry if this has been posted already.. i searched tho

-errol-

yes i've been asking alot of questions today..haha
    Last edited by errol; 08-03-2007, 01:15 PM.

Posted picture does not show e30 coilovers, FYI.

The fact that they just copy pasted all the information about the three different coilovers they have instead of just telling you which one it is also is a turn off.

Chances are you are bidding on the V1s, which are doo-doo in comparison to GCs.
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
      Posted picture does not show e30 coilovers, FYI.

The fact that they just copy pasted all the information about the three different coilovers they have instead of just telling you which one it is also is a turn off.

Chances are you are bidding on the V1s, which are doo-doo in comparison to GCs.

yeah i'm not bidding on them.. just wondering..

i actually asked them for a real pic of the e30 coilover.. i'm waiting for that reply..

Comment

so i got an email back from the seller.. quick response and i was impressed with the personalized reply.. it's sad actually, because we are so desensitized with auto-replies and non-human interactions, that i was impressed with this human reply..haha

annnyway..

here's his reply..

Hello Errol,

yes, 80mm lowering is no problem with this kit since the kit features shorter strut housings than the stock ones. If you were to use 80mm springs with the stock strut housings, the car would bottom out immediately since the E30s only have around 90mm of travel.

I can ship a Variant 2 kit (adjustable stiffness, really much better than the Variant 1 kit) for $1579.99

Both kits would be shipped to you directly from Germany, at no additional cost for you.

You would just need to pay for shipping of your stock struts to our California warehouse which is probably around $30 by USPS from NY

Let me know if there are any questions.

Comment

I have seen the KW's.

They are indeed teh poopie. I am biased though....

GC for life. :D

Comment

Kw v2's > GC

Comment

^ I'm willing to agree, and it was recently brought to my attention that they offer the V3's for e30s as well.

But what's the cost?
              Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
              EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
              FullOpp Stickers for sale!
              NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
              Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
              ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Originally posted by rwdrift View Post
                ^ I'm willing to agree, and it was recently brought to my attention that they offer the V3's for e30s as well.

But what's the cost?
                the cost of the V3's wasn't listed in the auction i don't think.. but the link is highlighted in my first post..

i've been emailing the seller back and forth. they seem very knowledgeable, and are quick to respond to my endless array of questions..

Comment

I have rode in a m5 w/coilover and it rode great for coilover suspension the V3's we were crusing at 100-120 and it felt like you were putting around town going to the grocery store. but kw v3's on an e30 I have no idea, I just have my alpina front struts , and trying to get some more stuff soon, btw the alpina struts are not installed so you can sleep well! lol

Comment

Working...
                  X