Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ride quality with HR race??

Ok so I need some springs!
    But I don't want something that's overly uncomfortable.
    I can handle a stiff ride, yes. I've done it w/ my last car (track ready honda hatch) for years. But w/ this one I don't want to go too gnarly.

So any feedback on the ride quality of HR race springs?
    I'd just get the sports, but I hate how high they leave the front of the car.
    Really can't stand that (unless there was some trick to lower just the front some more?).

IE springs are even worse with the jacked up front,
    and geting coilovers like GC's, they come with linear race springs, which from my experience have the poorest ride quality.

OH and looking at bilstein sports for shocks, just fyi.

Thanks!

I have Races/Bilstein sports and I like the ride quality. It is a lil stiff but I like that.
    sigpic

Comment

I love my H&R race and billy setup. Rides really nice on the freeway. You can definately feel that it is stiff over potholes etc. I love the flat cornering best. (IE 25/22 sways too..)
      :: PNW Crew ::
      '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

can you tell me more? (i know it's hard to explain via text but..)
        like how stiff is it? I like it stiff too, I worry more about passengers.

You wouldn't happen to have a pic would you??

Comment

stiffness is all relative and a matter of opinion. I love my setup, but its way too stiff for 95% of people. ride/drive in a car that is setup like you think you want, and that will tell you.

-edit-
          I have h&r races, but they are my softer setup, the ones I currently run are group n coils with 640 fronts, and 800 rears.
          sigpic

Comment

sports just dont do it, cup kit sucks, konis are overrated this is the best ride EVAR

btw there are many MANY threads about this topic SEARCH

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
              sports just dont do it, cup kit sucks, konis are overrated this is the best ride EVAR

btw there are many MANY threads about this topic SEARCH
              I agree.

Races are more than fine for street use. I love mine with Bilstein sports and stock bars.

Comment

It is to my knowledge that the race and sport sit at very similar heights if not the same. As for me, I have H&R sport and I think its perfectly suitable for Bay Area streets, of course I really am curious to see how my car will be like once I get Race springs.

Comment

Everyone lists races as the same as sports but it's not the same. Mine dropped 2-2.25 inches.
                  sigpic

Comment

Could I see some more pics?

search isn't turning up much at all..

Comment

All the pics of the white e30 in those two galleries are on H&R Races. Remember, the car isn't sitting still in any of them, so the wheel gap may be hard to compare. I'm on stock sway bars also.

Comment

just took mine on a 1300 mile road trip, alot in the mountains of wva, and lots of n. carolina twistys.. ride quality is great IMO on the h&r race springs. we had the car loaded down part of the time hauling stuff around, and no rubbing or anything. spring rates are just stiff enough, but rides still very forgiving..

stance.

löwenbröke crew... ya herd?
                        HSTuningUSRT|Southbend|Integrated Engineering|Boostvalve|ATP|

Comment

I have a set of HR Sports and bil sports looking to go to the races. Whats the cheapest you guys have found these springs [new]

Originally posted by vlad
                          Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

I guess the ride height depends on what setup you have on your vehicle. I have seen pictures where some people have the exact ride height as me, while like jje30 mention; his dropped 2 inches (318 vs 325?)

Comment

Originally posted by Tad View Post
                              can you tell me more? (i know it's hard to explain via text but..)
                              like how stiff is it? I like it stiff too, I worry more about passengers.

You wouldn't happen to have a pic would you??
                              Car in my sig is on H&R race.
                              :: PNW Crew ::
                              '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Working...
                              X