Koni yellows vs Bilsteins sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Koni yellows vs Bilsteins sports

I've got an e46 w/ bilsteins and an e30 with konis that i recently picked up. the Konis do not feel nearly as stiff as my bilsteins and I am much faster on my runs in my e46 than my new (to me) e30 with aftermarket shocks and springs. the e46 is on stock sport springs. I know that the Konis are older and have seen some use.
    Here's my question: Is this pretty much the expected result or are the Konis needing to be replaced? I have placed with the adjustments and not found a setting I am happy with.
    I don't think your mom appreciates the value of those modifications

could your faster e46 runs be because it is a faster car? with a much updated suspension from this 20 year old suspension you are comparing it to?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Are the koni's turned up (stiffer)? That could be one issue.
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

I dont know much about the Koni's they dont appear to be adjustable in the rear. Am I an idiot or is this normal?
        A buddy pointed out that perhaps some beefier sway bars would help. Any thoughts on that?
        My e46 is definitely faster but the suspension really hasnt changed much particularly up front pretty much the same.

Comment

The koni rear's spin to adjust. Try replacing all your bushings to polyurethane and you will be amazed at how new your car feels.
          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
            The koni rear's spin to adjust. Try replacing all your bushings to polyurethane and you will be amazed at how new your car feels.
            He's right, the rears spin to adjust, but you have to remove the bumpstops (if they're installed) to do so. Take a coat hanger or straight piece of wire/thin screwdriver and insert it through the small hole in the top of the cover over the shaft and push the bumpstop down, then remove it from the shaft. Compress it all the way and turn clockwise to make it stiffer.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

Ok im going to adjust rears when i have some time in next couple days

Comment

yeah, it seems like the biggest problem is you can't compare an e30 to an e46 to tell if the shocks are good or not.

when i got a rental e90 325 with the non sport suspension and non sport wheels I was amazed as to how well the car handled as is. new cars are well.... new

ApexRaceParts.com - Facebook - Twitter

Comment

Working...
                X