perfect street/weekend track car suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perfect street/weekend track car suspension

what would you guys say is the perfect weekend warrior suspension set up? something stiff enough to take to the track but just ridable enough for the city. i have already done a lot of looking so before some smart ass tells me to do a forum search...
    just looking for opinions.
    i was thinking of the turner set up with bilsteins, h&r's, and suspension tech sways. thoughts... what mounts would be good?
    thanks and cheers!
    sigpic
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

I have H&R race springs,Bilstein Sports, IE rear shock mounts, and IE front sway bar on my daily driver. Its nice for auto-x and great on the street if you steer clear of the potholes...

Comment

thanks. im almost %100 sure ill go with a set up much like that. just wanted to see what people had to say. turner offers a kit with mounts. anyone used it?
      sigpic
      "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

what are the best bang for the buck front shock mounts with adjustable camber?
        sigpic

Comment

I'd say if you want a nice ride, and a good track set up, I would go for the M3 offset strut mount. Gives you 3/4 degree of negative camber and its still a nice ride. That's what I have along with eibach race springs and billy sports. H&R race springs are amazing for track and daily driving. The adjustable camber plates tend to jar your head if the street isn't completely smooth because they are at the least urethane if not just metal. Go for the offset strut mounts. You won't be disappointed. I have the offsets and Turner fixed camber plates. Great steering response and cornering. Try it out, it couldn't hurt.

E30_Fiend
          Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
          Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

i also got the m3 control arm bushings.
            so you say the fixed camber plates from turner are a good way to go? ill look into that. thanks man. what about camber in the back?
            sigpic

Comment

checked out your set up fiend and i like it. i think ill go with that. thanks for the pointer. did you buy from turner? or some one ells?
              sigpic

Comment

Yes and Turner is a very good company to deal with.

And the camber in the rear can be fixed with a weld in kit or just an eccentric bolt kit. Personally I like the eccentric bolt approach better because it is easy to install and easy to adjust.

E30_Fiend
                Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!

Comment

yeah ill go with bolts. i don't know how to weld and dont want to put out the $ for a pro right now.
                  sigpic

Comment

ps
                    thanks for all the help
                    sigpic

Comment

No problem mang

Comment

Working...
                      X