Guess that problem!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess that problem!!!!!!

So i was driving from santa barbara about two weeks ago when i hit a fucken pothole that i wasnt able to see. it blew both of my left tires out, busted my rear shock mount and now everytime i turn left theres a loud cracking noise coming from the left front of my car i believe. i checked but theres nothing hanging or dangling that might get caught. could it be my steering rack thats pretty much done for since i did have a small leak prior to this incident? or any other suggestions. take into consideration that the impact was pretty hard that it blew my left rear shock mount rubber grommet outtave place which i already replaced. any suggestions???? please help i havent driven my car for almost 2 months . ive been busn it to work.
    canyon run?!?!?!?! lets go!

An impact sever enough to blow the tire could easily have damaged any of the other parts of the front suspension. An inspection by an experienced BMW tech should reveal the cause of the noise.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

At least jack it up and spin the wheel. That will eliminate wheel bearings/ wheel rubbing on anything, something easy you can do in a couple minutes.

Comment

Blown front strut mount, possibly. Are you running modified suspension? If the mount collapses enough the rubber will actually press against the upper strut hat and cause a cracking noise when turning the steering wheel.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

im running h&r sport/ bilstein shocks. absolutely nothing happend to the right side of the car only the left where i hit the pothole. why would it only crack when i turn left though?
          canyon run?!?!?!?! lets go!

Comment

Working...
          X