Anyone with IE swaybars...Please HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with IE swaybars...Please HELP

Ok so today i decided to install my IE swaybars. I welded the little triangular piece on, and i completly installed the front swaybar, but i am having trouble with the rear. I cant quite figure out how to mount the piece that mounts to the bracket on the frame of the car. Not the swaybar link, the other pice. It's a "L" shpaed piece that has a plate with 2 bolts on it and another hole on the other side with a bolt in it, I cant figure it out. I could take pictures of what i am talking about, but i dont got my digi on me.

If you look in this picture. the piece i am talking about is the one laying right of the two swaybar links.

ps - i would call IE, but they are cloased on sundays and i dont think they will be in tomorrow as well.

thanks in advance
    Luke
    98 M3 with many goodies

well actually i found some info here https://secure9.nexternal.com/shared...p&CategoryID=3 so i know what to do now.

:oops:
    Luke
    98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

That's the trunk reinforcement. Remove your trunk mat, etc..., line up the reinforcement and mark the hole on the bottom of the trunk. Next, take the plate that comes with it and line up it with the first hole you drilled so you can drill the second that is closer to the rear of the car.

With the sway bar in, bolt the reinforcement to the car. Then, from inside the trunk, you will see the two holes you drilled, put the rectangular plate over the holes and use the bolts to bolt them into the Reinforcement that is undernearth the car. Some people weld those plates to the trunk floor, I just bolted them down.

Sorry, i'm not too good at explaining, hope you understood, it really is fairly easy.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Originally posted by C ///M
        That's the trunk reinforcement. Remove your trunk mat, etc..., line up the reinforcement and mark the hole on the bottom of the trunk. Next, take the plate that comes with it and line up it with the first hole you drilled so you can drill the second that is closer to the rear of the car.

With the sway bar in, bolt the reinforcement to the car. Then, from inside the trunk, you will see the two holes you drilled, put the rectangular plate over the holes and use the bolts to bolt them into the Reinforcement that is undernearth the car. Some people weld those plates to the trunk floor, I just bolted them down.

Sorry, i'm not too good at explaining, hope you understood, it really is fairly easy.

thanks alot for the help chiris. Me and my dad already figured it out last night though, i also just bolted mine down and it seems like they hold in place very well.

Luke
        98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

Dudes,

Just got a set of these babies installed into my ride couple of days back......but the darn thing didn't come with any set-up tips.

I was also wondering about the adjustable(length) linkages.......what's the best length to set them at?

Was wondering what settings you guys are running........Thanks in advance!

Comment

so far i installed them with the front swaybars on the inner most hole, and the rears i still have to adjust. The only thing that seems to be weird is that it seems like the front one rubs on the control arm at time and the rear almost sits on the differential.

Also the front one sits alot lower the then the stock one.
            Luke
            98 M3 with many goodies

Comment

Off track a bit:

I'm oso thinking of getting the IE sway bars....

Any cons of the bars, so far 2 of my frens using it said it's fabulous. I intend to auto-X my car, so the adjustable settings come in handy...

And the whole thing looks like awesome engineering art...
              BMWClub Malaysia
              www.bmwclubmalaysia.com

Comment

Working...
              X