Daily driver suspension ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily driver suspension ideas

The car is a 87 325is,Im a bigger guy, so i dont want anything to stiff, and, winnipeg, is home of the worst roads of North America. I love the handling in stock form, but would like to lower it a bit, would billies sports/h&r combo be that much stiffer compared to stock. What are options are there, also I am still running on IS weaves, but planing on running 16x7.5 and 16x9 wheels later on.
    Last edited by Rami; 12-06-2008, 10:14 PM. Reason: blah
    1987 325is
    1985 735i "frankie"
    1996 Infinite Q45t

" I do appreciate you being here, you are usually so mired in sleaze, it must have been an effort to come down to the stuido" fox anchor on the simpsons

id suggest bilstein sports for sure, but not to sure on the springs. stay away from eibach pro-kit for they are really soft (this is the set-up i have) and either go with what you had in mind (H&R) or IE. you can see the ride height on the front page of E30tech
    E30 325I > SOLD
    E30 318IS > SOLD
    E39 530I > SOLD
    EP3 > SOLD
    95 M3 > SOLD
    97 M3 > DD

Comment

Originally posted by Rami View Post
      The car is a 87 325is,Im a bigger guy, so i dont want anything to stiff, and, winnipeg, is home of the worst roads of North America. I love the handling in stock form, but would like to lower it a bit, would billies sports/h&r combo be that much stiffer compared to stock. What are options are there, also I am still running on IS weaves, but planing on running 16x7.5 and 16x9 wheels later on.
      eibach pros + bilstein sports. about the same stiffness as stock but lower. on a non aggressive wheel/tire like stock weaves, the softness shouldnt be an issue.

Comment

I would think H&R sports and Bilstein Sports would be exactly what you are looking for.

Then go with this wheel and tire package that is currently for sale. Looks really good.

Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Is that price in canadian dollars and shipped? lol
          1987 325is
          1985 735i "frankie"
          1996 Infinite Q45t

" I do appreciate you being here, you are usually so mired in sleaze, it must have been an effort to come down to the stuido" fox anchor on the simpsons

Comment

Working...
          X