Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B&G Springs or Racing Dynamic Springs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

B&G Springs or Racing Dynamic Springs???

i have a daily driver 318i, i have decent roads around me, nothing too bad. im gonna be running stock shocks for now. im not an autocrosser, i just want to lower the car for appearance. i can deal with a harsher ride. i want to slightly tuck the tires and want a somewhat even drop (stock bottlecaps and stock-ish tires btw)

both are under $200, so what do you guys suggest? or maybe even another set to do the job.

I want the car to look like these (or close)

or

thank you
    www.ThundaCats.com

I'd run Eibachs before I ran either of those... I've seen bad problems with B+G and I rode in a car w/RDs that felt wayyyy too soft.

EDIT: Saved you the work... the cabrio has Ground Controls on it.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

haha
      either get H&R's or Eibachs for springs you shoudl get 6 months to a year depending on your stock shocks shape or go ground control or Cup kit if you want coil overs

Comment

Originally posted by BahnE30
        haha
        either get H&R's or Eibachs for springs you shoudl get 6 months to a year depending on your stock shocks shape or go ground control or Cup kit if you want coil overs
        Cup Kit is a standard spring setup, not coilover.

"See, we're adding a little something to this month's sales contest. As you all know, first prize is a Cadillac Eldorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired."

Comment

is it an early 318i or the later

Comment

is it an early 318i or the later
            its a 1985 318i, but i dont know what month it was made in

I rode in a car w/RDs that felt wayyyy too soft.
            i definately dont want soft suspension, so i guess RD springs are out? unless your friends car was an isolated case!

thanks guys i appreciate all the quick replies, im used to my integra and the availability of parts. but i love the RWD.

Can you guys point me in the right direction of H&R or Eibach (pro-kit, sportline,etc) that will get me a similar drop as the bottom grey car in my posted pics?

Thanks
            www.ThundaCats.com

Comment

Eibach Prokit is saggy ass shit too.

With ANY lowering setup you will need new Bilstien sports or something comparable all around. Stock shocks/struts will not control the high spring rates of lowering spring.

I done suspension work on MANY e30's, I've yet to work on one that did not already have 4 completely blown dampeners on it. Even the 90k mile 91 325i Sport I did a suspension swap on had all 4 blown.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
              https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

my 90 325is with 140k on it didnt have blown shocks or struts

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

From other posts here, if you run IE stage 3 or H&R race, you're going to want Konis, not Bilsteins. Super stiff setups need the stiffer ability of the Koni.

I'm in the process of an IE 3 and Koni. I'll let you know how it turns out.
                  The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by e30Matt
                    I rode in a car w/RDs that felt wayyyy too soft.
                    You should take a ride in mine :D.

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
                    '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
                    Strictly Eta

Comment

what setup do you have? how do you like? where did you get it?
                      www.ThundaCats.com

Comment

Working...
                      X