Suspension for 88’ 325is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension for 88’ 325is

I just got a 1988 325is and everything works great except when I have people in the car the rear tires scrape on the fender walls I think. I have 17 inch rims on it and I checked the springs and they are Eibach. Not sure if I need new springs or if this is just something I’ll have to live with. Thanks for any help

Forgot to add that I don’t plan on tracking the car. This is more of a daily driver and weekend car.

Comment

Don't put people in the back Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

But seriously what tires are you running? Are you loading the car with big people. How many? Usually the bigger the wheel size requires stiffer suspension to keep it from bottoming out. Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I put two of my friends in the back, probably 160 and 140 each and you could hear the scraping pretty consistently. The tires are Yokohama S drive XL 215/40/17.

Comment

what's the offset of the wheels?
            When I had 205/50/16's on a set of Borbet C's I didn't have any rubbing issues on my 88is
            If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

General Discussion is not a catch-all; please do not ask technical questions there. If you don't know where to ask your question, post it in General Technical and we'll move it to the appropriate subforum if necessary. Thanks in advance.
              Originally posted by kronus
              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Working...
              X