Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post-impact steering not returning to center

Hello! Sorry if this thread already exists somewhere, but here's my issue:
    Last week(before the world started melting down) I had just finished a complete overhaul on my suspension(springs/struts, control arms, tie rods, poly bushings, etc.) After getting alignment done, the rain had started pouring, but I wanted to get a quick rundown on my handiwork before heading home.
    Well, the rain was falling harder than I thought, I hydroplaned, and hit the driver side of the car against a cement barrier. Both wheels were damaged(the rear beyond repair,) and I broke the left tie rod from the force of the impact.
    After repairing the front wheel, replacing the rear wheel and tie rod, the steering is not returning to center, and I'm wondering what else could be damaged. Alignment was just done and they didn't notice any issues.
    I should note that in the process of all this, I dumped a lot of fluid from the power steering reservoir, as I had to refill it after repairs. It seems to be holding fluid now.
    Any ideas before I start tearing down again?
    Thanks!
    Also, I feel terrible about crashing my sweet little baby turd box after doing all that work on it.

Working...
X