Sway Bar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sway Bar question

Hello. I have a set of fortune auto coil overs on my 325i and I was looking at sway bar options. The fortune auto springs are a bit softer so I was looking at eibach 20mm/16mm setup. My question is would it be just as effective to just run the stock 20mm or upgrade to a 21mm factory vert bar and just get the eibach rear since both fronts are 20mm? Thanks for any insight!

Without knowing what you want to achieve we can't really say. However, two bars of equal diameters are not necessarily going to provide the same performance.

If you really want more there was a thread here, on bfc or possibly on E30tech that compared the bars that were in the marketplace at the time. Good luck finding it.

As an aside, when I got my large factory bar it was clearly stamped as made by Eibach.

Comment

Oh that's interesting. I'm trying to add a little less roll in my car. It rides nice but has a bit too much body roll for my taste and feels like it under steers a bit as well. I drive mostly backroads/canyons with occasional auto X/ smaller tracks

Comment

and I am trying to be somewhat budget minded but on the same token im not trying to disturb the balance of the car as well.

Comment

or do people recommend just going with the m3 rear sway and either the stock 20mm or Cab 21mm front?

Comment

Having gone from regular stock E30 bars to brand new large E30 bars it was a small improvement, probably to the point that one would barely detect in a blind test. Ultimately, a refresh in links and bushings will probably have a similar impact compared to an upgrade of non adjustable bars.

Comment

That was with the Larger 14.5 in the rear as well?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Working...
                X