Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Match Clocking on Offset Bushings

Howdy,

I've got some powerflex offset control arm bushings for the lollipops. Is there an advisable way to install these bushings to match L to R? I feel like if theyre not perfectly matched side to side it may affect how the steering returns to center. And once installed these wont rotate out of place under loading? Im going to get some MEYLE control arms and maybe even a new front sway bar all in attempt to get the steering to return to center appropriately. Currently, it returns 75% of the way and the last 25% it just sticks. no change when going in reverse. Z3 rack swap, spacers are installed ontop of the rack. Any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

bump

Comment

I've never used powerflex but usually CA bushings have an arrow or something that corresponds to an arrow cast on the lollipop. If you haven't got something like this, just make some marks on both your bushings and lollipops and try to line it up as best you can. I don't think an EXACT match down to the half-mm is going to make much of a difference, but you surely just want to get it as close as you can. As for your return to center issue, I don't really have a suggestion, hopefully someone else chimes in on that one. Any possibility your upper strut mounts aren't moving freely? Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
      (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

OP, if you really need them to hold position you'll need a set screw, otherwise they'll probably move around a bit over time. The rubber ones usually stay put as the friction is too great for the suspension to move, but poly or delrin certainly can.

Also, make sure your steering rack is close to centered, which is not too bad to do once the boot is out of the way, if you have a return to center issue.

Comment

thanks man, i had just seen a video about making your own set screw on the lollipops. it looks pretty straight forward. i was really careful to make sure the steering rack was centered when i installed it, i did this with neither the inner or outer tie rods installed and just equalized the rack length on either side. I guess i didnt verify if this counts as centered, the rack returns better from turning right than left. I got to look at things in full daylight again and i think the control arms + lollipops are buggered. Im gonna replace those + sway bar end links and see what happens.

thanks for the responses everyone

Comment

Working...
          X