BBS RZ378 - Same as stock 5 series wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS RZ378 - Same as stock 5 series wheels

I have gotten back into the E30 world after a long layoff. My all time favorite wheels I had on my E30 were BBS RZ378 4x100 in a 15x7. Looking through ebay and classifieds these seem to be very, very hard to get and if found they are an arm and leg in terms of pricing. I am also not buying wheels from Croatia off ebay, lol. I am not an RS guy, yes I love the mesh/basketweave, but I do not like the bolts in the face for the 2 piece wheels.

The 5 series style 5's very close to the BBS RZ378's, however I have never had both side by side or actually measured the 2 different lips to see if the 5 series wheels are in fact the same lip size as the RZ378's? I know the style 5's mesh ends away from the lip vs the 378's the mesh runs all the way to the lip but my main quesiotn is the lip depth.

The E34 15x7 basketweaves get called style 5's but are not 2 piece wheels and then they also had 2 piece basketweaves on E39's that are 16" that are also called style 5's.

Anybody have any better idea of this or how close the wheels are to each other? Lip[s on th e378's look a little deeper than the 5's?

Thanks,
    Kevin Gibson
    90 325is

Lip depth is much smaller, and the spokes are flatter instead of convex like the RZ
    Byron
    Leichtbau

Comment

Working...
    X