No announcement yet.

who is rolling 18" wheels???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i like 17's on the e30... imho that look just perfect and frame the brakes nicely...

see.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

e30sport.net
    '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
    '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
    '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

I think that 17's look pretty good on an e30.

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
        I tell you what thou that rear brake hat redrill scares me. That would never pass tech in a million years.
        There is nothing wrong with redrilling another set of holes in the rotor hat (as long as they don't merge with each other 'cause that just looks ghetto!!)

If you are assuming the wheel bolts themselves (the shear force on the lug bolt) stop the disc from rotating, you'd be mistaken.

Ask any brake guru what holds the disc in place...
        Answer: The clamping force generated by the wheel bolts holding the wheel to the hub!!

And to prove it, take a look at your OEM Discs, the holes are ~14mm and the wheel bolts are ~12mm, so if it isn't the clamping force it must be the single M6 locating bolt holding the rotor in place!!!

I have TT Supra discs on my BMW and they have a second set of holes added to them to suit the BMW, and it has passed it's engineers inspection with ease (and our rules are alot tougher than the US (I didn't think you had any??))

Take a look at some other OEM discs one day, quite a few will have multiple holes in them.
        E46 M3 for example:

292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Originally posted by E30-323ti
          Originally posted by M-technik-3
          I tell you what thou that rear brake hat redrill scares me. That would never pass tech in a million years.
          There is nothing wrong with redrilling another set of holes in the rotor hat (as long as they don't merge with each other 'cause that just looks ghetto!!)

If you are assuming the wheel bolts themselves (the shear force on the lug bolt) stop the disc from rotating, you'd be mistaken.

Ask any brake guru what holds the disc in place...
          Answer: The clamping force generated by the wheel bolts holding the wheel to the hub!!

And to prove it, take a look at your OEM Discs, the holes are ~14mm and the wheel bolts are ~12mm, so if it isn't the clamping force it must be the single M6 locating bolt holding the rotor in place!!!

I have TT Supra discs on my BMW and they have a second set of holes added to them to suit the BMW, and it has passed it's engineers inspection with ease (and our rules are alot tougher than the US (I didn't think you had any??))

Take a look at some other OEM discs one day, quite a few will have multiple holes in them.
          E46 M3 for example:

"OEM" E46 M3 brakes with Porsche Calipers? uhhhh
          1988 325iC - "Betty" - Daily Driver/Project Car.
          1993 318i - "The Golden Dream" - Dad's Car.
          1995 318ti - "Hellrot" - R.I.P.

Comment

OT: http://www.ecisbmw.com/product_files/brakes/brakes.htm

I have the same caliper on my E30, just over TT supra discs instead (1/2 the price of the E46 M3 ones, and thicker, and I don't mind a bit of machining work).
            292rwhp E30 :D

Comment

Ah, now we're talking.. ;)
              1988 325iC - "Betty" - Daily Driver/Project Car.
              1993 318i - "The Golden Dream" - Dad's Car.
              1995 318ti - "Hellrot" - R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
              X