Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

17x8j et38 on e36 suspension... what am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

17x8j et38 on e36 suspension... what am I doing wrong?

I think it might be the 20mm spacers I have fitted so the 330mm brakes and 4 piston AP 5000+ Callipers clear. :P :P

As can be seen the rear isn't an issue we have plenty of clearance there, but the front the fenders lips are resting on the top of the tyres. I see loads of pulling and cutting in the future, and these fenders have already been pulled 3cm wider.

Reason the ride height is so low.

We have the correct geometry to run it that low from the tubular arms, still need to fit thr E46 330i rack, bump steer spacers and longer spherical bearing rack ends.

Should have the car back in 2 weeks, pictures to follow of the body work.

What size are those tires? I think you're going to have major clearance issues once you get the front negative camber back to a reasonable measurement.
    '91 318is
    sigpic

Comment

subscribed..

..because I want to see where this is going.
      sigpic
      Evolution of My E30 M3Recent PicsSC*AR

Comment

Ahh, but you see we won't.

These tyres love serious amounts of camber, they are the same ones used on our current production car series. They run up to 5 and a half degrees neg camber (they are acutally limited to that by the rules)

Notice the camber on the e90's rear wheel?

The current tyres on the car are 225 45 17 Bridgestone RE55 , but they will be replaced with 235 40 17 Bridgestone RE55's and later by 240 605 17 slicks.

Which I know the slicks will run much less camber but the fenders are being built out to accept these tyres with 2deg neg camber. I can't remember if these pictures I had turned the top mounts back to max positive camber, but I'm assuming not by the pictures. Also the arms are running a bit to much track as the lock nuts we used are a were about 2.5cm long.

I think we will also need to run less camber on this car compared with the Production cars as we have aero and they don't.

Comment

those tires are the wrong diameter, thats also why they don't fit.
          http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

They are a 631mm rolling diameter, not that large.

Anyways I don't mean to sound like a tool, but it was a joking thread. The rims and tyres have been made to fit, the arches have been cut and pulled, the chassis leg has been modified. To run these tyres we have done similar mods as to what was done on the DTM e30 M3's. who ran 240/630/18 slicks.

The next tyres will have a rolling diameter of 617mm, (235/40/17) and then later we will move onto a 230 slick if I can find them in something a bit bigger than 605mm

Comment

Working...
            X