wheel size question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel size question

i was wondering what the correct offset would be for a 17 x 8 wheel on a e30. if the correct offset, would these wheels, wiht 215/40, ever fit onto a e30 lowerd like 1.5".thanks

Dustin
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

You will very likely have to roll your fenders, but they will work. Like ET16-20.

Comment

ok thanks alout for the info.

D

Comment

You dont' need an offset that low. I've run a 17x8.5et22 with 235/40. With a 17x8 and 215/40s you could get away with et25 and probably un-rolled fenders.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

your a funny guy c//m. from all the forum searching i always see how you defie all the laws of big wheels. It seems like you alway fit your wheels with your tires no matter what people say. you always seem to have one step bigger then the rest. i might be wrong it just seems like this. i think thats awsome and i love your car.

Dustin

Comment

Originally posted by rede30
            your a funny guy c//m. from all the forum searching i always see how you defie all the laws of big wheels. It seems like you alway fit your wheels with your tires no matter what people say. you always seem to have one step bigger then the rest. i might be wrong it just seems like this. i think thats awsome and i love your car.

Dustin
            Rolled fenders and a stiff suspension can do wonders :) With my new brake setup, i'll be running et15 on my 8.5x17 and 235/40s (gotta clear the calipers). If i have to go et10, then the fenders are definitely gonna have to be pulled. Hell, I might pull them anyway if the et15 sticks out way too much. The picture in my sig is 8.5x17 et20 with 235/40s. The extra 5mm shouldn't matter on the fender side.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

I've seen how close to the strut ET25 7.5" wide wheels are, I really don't think another 0.25" inwards would be safe.

But, hey, I've never done it. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
                I've seen how close to the strut ET25 7.5" wide wheels are, I really don't think another 0.25" inwards would be safe.

But, hey, I've never done it. ;)
                I've run 8.5x17 with oversized tires with et22. If I can fit a wheel an inch wider and only having my offset lower by 3mm, I feel confident in guaranteeing fitment, atleast on a damage free e30. Autovogue also ran 17x8 HM4's on an e30. They were made for a mini, The centerbore of the wheel was machined an extra .9mm (that's point. 9, because the mini centerbore is 56.2mm) and they used a 15mm spacer. I believe the wheel was around 41mm offset and minus the 15mm spacer equals 26mm offset, installed with a 215/40 tire. Either way, you can trust me. But then again, to cover my own ass, I'll make the disclaimer that the car must be "undamaged" or accident free.

332iS R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
                X