Falken Azenis, any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falken Azenis, any good?

So I'm looking for tires for my T's, my local store I always deal with can sell me 215/45/16 Azenis's for a good price. I never heard of the tire so I checked it out, the tread pattern is crazy and the guy said the tread rating isn't the best, 200 I think. I don't plan on running them year round, just the summer. The guy said they're soft so they'll handle good, but I don't want to chew the tires up in 10,000 miles. I haven't gotten a rear toe/camber kit yet, but it's in the works.

These tires sound like they'd work for me?

Seems like from searching a few people on here like them.

Sold.......again.

I like 'em, but they aren't great for rain, summer-only. Great grip, though.
    '89 325i track sloot
    '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

I rate the RT 215s better than the 615s

I have managed to get 35,000km out of a set, though they were completely dangerous by the time I got rid of them. That was on a Subaru with very aggressive diffs, doing track days, lots of fast cornering and generally beating the shit out of the piece of Japanese vagina.
      Pork Hunt Motorsport

eBay is like the summit racing catalog for today's special Olympics crowd

Comment

Sorry, didn't clarify that he wants to sell the 615's.

EDIT: Damn, just looked on Falken's website and the 615's a DOT competition tire, F that.

Sold.......again.

Comment

Rt615 is a STREET TIRE... was one of the best sticky Street Tires you can buy for the money until recently. It's not a competition only tire that would prevent you from using it on your daily driver... it's like a REALLY REALLY good summer tire.
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Yeah, it's no NT-01 or RA-1.
            '89 325i track sloot
            '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

For the price they are hard to beat, great for summer driving and track days, not the best in the rain, but if cautious they are ok.
              sigpic
              www.simontibbett.com

Comment

I have been pleased with mine, about 4k miles of aggressive driving, 1 track session, several autocrosses. Put them on in march and they will definitely last til the end of the season if not a bit more.

Jean- whats the best sticky street tire out there now?
                Old and improved:

Comment

The fastest AX street tire is the Kumho XS.
                  '89 325i track sloot
                  '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

I have 2 ax seasons on mine and I would not drive them daily, if it starts puddling your are screwed. They do not channel enough water to be a good everyday tire.
                    You need an everyday tire? look at the Fuzion ZRi, it is an off name Bridgestone. Great in the rain and they wear well. About as cheap as an Azena but a lot safer in the rain.
                    1989 Cirrus Blau coupe Racing Dynamics wheels and a Volvo Spoiler.

Comment

well they call it competition.........

Sold.......again.

Comment

It's marketing. It's no R-compound.
                        '89 325i track sloot
                        '01 530i daily

-Enginerd

Comment

Originally posted by whiltebeitel View Post
                          It's marketing. It's no R-compound.
                          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

i have these on my civic, i love them.
                            318is fund, $0.

Comment

I had them before my RS2s, Pretty sure next time I will go back for the azenis
                              1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Working...
                              X