Diamond Racing Wheels: Spacer and Lugs Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond Racing Wheels: Spacer and Lugs Question

Hello and sorry to bother you all with probably a stupid question.

I am about to order 15x8 with 4.5 in backspacing Diamond Racing Wheels for my e30. I have been looking everywhere about information on spacers and lugs that will fit this set up but I haven't found a clear straight answer.

Am I correct in saying that I need to run spacers in the front because I have to and that I need to shave the front brake calipers (what tool is used to shave them)? Also, if I were to order these wheel spacers (10.5mm) with bolts on ECS Tuning:
    HTML Code:
    http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E30-325...cers/ES259858/
    : would I have to purchase anything else when my wheels arrive (other than tires)?

Sorry to bother you all, its just that I only found information on diamond racing wheels when it comes to size and backspace but no where does it say what kind of bolts I have to buy.

Thanks and help will be greatly appreciated.

What size tire do you plan on running on them wheels?
    Also it says on diamonds site the style of lug bolts that you need to use.
    Also make sure there is a shop in your town that can balance lug centric wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
      What size tire do you plan on running on them wheels?
      Also it says on diamonds site the style of lug bolts that you need to use.
      Also make sure there is a shop in your town that can balance lug centric wheels.
      Most likely I will run 205/50/15. Somewhere I read that usually 205/55/15 is used. Still doing research on that.

Thanks, I went on Diamond Racing Wheel's website and found the lug bolt sizes needed. Its small print so I didn't notice it. So basically for a 4 bolt wheel, I will have to buy 9/16" 60 degree lug nuts for either 1/2", 12mm, or 7/16" studs? Am I reading that correctly? If so, does it matter which type of studs?

And yea, there are plenty of wheel shops in my town that work with lug centric balancing.

Comment

I hope your not low. I ran 205/50 on mine with no spacers and rubbed like crazy.

Comment

Word, I rub with 195/50 on mine with 10mm spacers.

Comment

Pics of my setup on the same wheel and tire combo you want minus spacers.

Comment

That looks very nice. Seen those pics before.

No, I am not dropped. I do have eibach springs (got them new with purchase of car) and bilstein sports but it barely dropped (probably 1"-1.4").

So, I should purchase 1 pair of the ECS Wheel Spacer 10.5 mm with the lug bolts plus purchase extra bolts for the rear since I read that you can't use stock lug bolts on Diamond racing wheels? Or, should I just get the ECS spacer and buy the specific lug bolts they recommend (9/16" 60 degree lug nuts for either 1/2", 12mm, or 7/16" studs)?

Comment

White: that's an early model correct?
                Slamburglars Handbook:

5. Slamburglars don't get stuck on speed bumps, speed bumps get stuck on Slamburglars

Comment

Late model
                  ** Lot's of M20 turbo parts for sale.**

Turn key track car.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=222066

Comment

Originally posted by GCARent View Post
                    That looks very nice. Seen those pics before.

No, I am not dropped. I do have eibach springs (got them new with purchase of car) and bilstein sports but it barely dropped (probably 1"-1.4").

So, I should purchase 1 pair of the ECS Wheel Spacer 10.5 mm with the lug bolts plus purchase extra bolts for the rear since I read that you can't use stock lug bolts on Diamond racing wheels? Or, should I just get the ECS spacer and buy the specific lug bolts they recommend (9/16" 60 degree lug nuts for either 1/2", 12mm, or 7/16" studs)?
                    I would get the correct lug bolts that diamond says to use. If you dont it can cause the lug hole to rip and then the wheel could fall off.
                    In them photos I used the stock ones because I just got the wheels painted and I wanted to go take photos. I would suggest using stock.

Comment

I would get the correct lug bolts that diamond says to use. ... I would suggest using stock.
                      So the stock bolts would work perfectly?

Comment

Wouldnt.. sorry.

Comment

Wouldnt.. sorry.
                          Aiight Thanks.

Comment

So, if I were to purchase the ECS Wheel Spacers, should I buy the bolts from them as well?

Comment

If they have the correct ones for the wheels then yes. I would buy them from them as well. If your going to run a 10.5 mm spacer in the front I would run a 15mm spacer in the rear so you dont have more poke in the front than the rear. Run a 195/45 or a 205/40....

Comment

Working...
                              X