Period Correct wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Period Correct wheels

I need to find some new wheels for when I take my winter wheels/tires off the car, so I want to get a headstart in my search. I am hoping to get some suggestions for wheels for my 1990 325i. I'd like to have something at least close to period correct.

Not really looking to spend over $1000 for wheels and tires. I am leaning towards 16s--15s are prob fine as well...14s too small I think...and I don't think I want to do 17s. High on my list right now are some Borbet Type Cs and Hockenheim R (the ones with lip; the completely flat-faced ones are not really my cup of tea)

If anyone has some suggestions, that would be great...I can't seem to get any good ideas to pop into my head as of late.

There are some Type Ts, mint with new tires for sale, for $1k. They look great on e30s.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
      There are some Type Ts, mint with new tires for sale, for $1k. They look great on e30s.
      Those are 16x9 right? Not sure if I want to do 9" wide. I guess it depends how they fit. I have a mild suspension drop and not sure if I have the right stance to pull off a size like that. That being said, I do really like those...really wanted them for my rabbit earlier this year.

Comment

RS are the "ultimate" period correct wheel. But $1k isn't going to buy you anything NICE or with tires.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Euroweaves are correct, but are 15". I may be wrong, but I don't believe a factory 16" wheel was available for e30's.

Comment

we have couple of sets that fit the period correct aspect, style 10's, ronal ls, bbs rz, etc. how far are you from our shop gutenparts.com / zip 07040?
            sigpic
            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Buy DarkWing's ACS's.

Comment

Recession specials are great till you over spend.
                https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Get some Kopis from Abrahams.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dlmpsy View Post
                    Euroweaves are correct
                    and look spectacular.
                    Flickr
                    Originally posted by Indecline06
                    For some reason, when I get super duper ultra stoned... The M30 motor reminds me of big bird from sesame street.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbodybenz View Post
                      Those are 16x9 right? Not sure if I want to do 9" wide. I guess it depends how they fit. I have a mild suspension drop and not sure if I have the right stance to pull off a size like that. That being said, I do really like those...really wanted them for my rabbit earlier this year.
                      see my sig to see the type t's. car on the left.
                      http://instagram.com/dslovn.drives

Comment

Originally posted by e34john View Post
                        Get some Kopis from Abrahams.
                        I don't really like 17s on E30s. Plus I would probably just do the Euroweaves if I went for 15s.

Really considering some 16x7 et 20 Maxxim Remembers since they are just a hair over $600 shipped. Thoughts???

Comment

Like I said on my above post, I am looking at Maxxim Remembers. I am also considering ESM 002s that are .5" wider but are almost $200 more. In the pictures that I have seen the face on the ESMs appear to be flatter--are my eyes deceiving me?

Do the ESMs warrant the price increase? Anything else to consider with either of these wheels?
                          Last edited by bigbodybenz; 12-12-2009, 10:38 AM. Reason: Grammar errors annoy me

Comment

16x7.5 ACS all the way. Got a set going on my car this summer :)

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

What do you guys think about the IE BBS reps? I'm thinking that those with a set of KDW2s should do nicely. All I know is that I want to fit 225-45-16.
                              1987 BMW 325is | Frankenmotor S50 | Supersprint Replica Headers | K&N Intake | Gutted Stock Midpipe | Zimmermann Rotors | Stainless Brake Lines | Porterfield Racing Pads

Comment

Working...
                              X