BBS centercaps on euroweaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBS centercaps on euroweaves?

Anyone know if the screw-in type bbs center caps will catch on euroweaves (or stock U.S. weaves for that matter)? Ive disassembled my euroweave caps and i'd like to combine flat bbs caps with the waffle piece from the weave's cap. i hate the giantfakecenterlockish look.

if not, ill just customize a set to use the twist lock, but this would make my life easier.

bump
    -Nick
    Originally posted by 87e30
    First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Who has ever put BBS center caps in 14, ix or euro weaves? I know its been done by someone, some where, some time...
      Pics = bonus points
      -Nick
      Originally posted by 87e30
      First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

I've got like 6 sets sitting around. PM me, I'm local-ish and can help.

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBuyer View Post
          Who has ever put BBS center caps in 14, ix or euro weaves? I know its been done by someone, some where, some time...
          Pics = bonus points
          Here is a pic of a 14" basketweave centercap with BBS centers, so yes, it can be done.

The diameter of the waffle is the same as my 15" BBS RGs, but the locking mechanism is different, so I can't secure them to my BBS wheels

sigpic
          January 2012 COTM

Comment

your pic shows nothing except what i already knew. the question is the opposite, will the aftermarket BBS caps fit onto e30 BBS wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
              Anyone know if the screw-in type bbs center caps will catch on euroweaves (or stock U.S. weaves for that matter)? Ive disassembled my euroweave caps and i'd like to combine flat bbs caps with the waffle piece from the weave's cap. i hate the giantfakecenterlockish look.

if not, ill just customize a set to use the twist lock, but this would make my life easier.
              Originally posted by straight6pwr View Post
              your pic shows nothing except what i already knew. the question is the opposite, will the aftermarket BBS caps fit onto e30 BBS wheels.
              Sorry, I'm trying to figure this all out myself. I apologize if I missed the point. But my pic shows an aftermarket BBS center cap with an oem 14" basketweave locking mechanism and an oem 14" basketweave waffle piece. So the inference is that if you can keep your oem locking mechanism and waffle piece and and just swap BBS-labeled center.

The oem basketweave locking mechanism wont work on my BBS wheels (my problem). I think you'd have the opposite problem if you tried to swap the aftermarket locking mechanism onto your basketweaves.
              Last edited by robrez; 06-08-2010, 08:40 AM.
              sigpic
              January 2012 COTM

Comment

Originally posted by robrez View Post
                I think you'd have the opposite problem if you tried to swap the aftermarket locking mechanism onto your basketweaves.
                yes this is the issue i posted about. i want to keep the waffle from the euroweave but put flat caps from a bbs wheel on them.

Comment

Working...
                X