ACSchnitzer Style 1s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACSchnitzer Style 1s

Pickes up some Schnitzer rims (replicas but ssssshhhh!!) and just want to get some advice. Have heard that for a 16" wheel, the best tyre to go with is a 205/50 which already have. However im looking at snatching a set of 225/45 Hankook K105s

My questions are
    1/ Any clearance issues with a 225/45R16 in the back and the front? is a 16x7 et22 rim. Have camber plates for the front so if its going to touch the gaurd slightly on stock strut mounts then i will be fine. Dont want to be buying tyres to find out they dont work

2/ Anyone recommend or criticize the K105? That and the Toyo T1R are the only two i can get here from a range of suppliers, except for real top end stuff like continental but at US$400ish a piece they can stay on the shelf

3/ Is there actually a noticable difference between a 205 and 225 tyre? Or should i just stick with the 205/50s i already have and save money for now and get the 225s when they are bald?

thanks guys!

A buddy of mine is running staggered tires on real ACS 16" x 7.5" rims. He's got 205/55/16 on the front, and 225/50/16 on the rear. Car is lowered. They're way too big, front and back, with clearance issues. 225 wide is definately the way to go on a 7.5" rim (what I'm running on my 7.5" Ronal LS's), and if you're thinking 225/45, I think you'd be in good shape, but your reps are only 7", so I might stick with a 205/50/16 that'll give you right around 24" of overall size.

Comment

Working...
    X