Craigslist has been good to me, need opinions - e34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craigslist has been good to me, need opinions - e34

Last couple of weeks, I think I've scored a couple of decent finds. Had to go through Atlanta last week, found my interior for my 85 325e build for 250 bucks.

Then yesterday, found this set of factory M-pars, 18x8 and 18x9.5 from supposedly e32 (bmw stamped with part number, but offset not present, but 9.5's I've seen have been either +22 or +25), full set including spare with perfect 235 tires for 200 bucks (no, I don't believe they're stolen, wouldn't have bought them):

Now, I picked these wheels up simply because they were a deal, and thought maybe I could flip them. My project e34 is nearing completion, and I'm wondering what wheels between the 2 sets I have I should go with, M-pars, or the Rondell type 81 - 18x8.5 and 18x10 (these are brand new never mounted).

Motor in the e34 is an aluminum block M52 but with S52 internals, fully ported polished head, VAC motorsports turbo cams, itb's, raceland ebay headers, 11.5:1 compression and ASA turbomex supercharger @ 6lbs. Car is black. The Rondell's and M-pars are 2 completely different wheels with completely different looks. Which set should I put on the car? Rondell's I think would make it clean yet sneaky, M-pars a bit more sport/aggressive.

Motor: (hope to have the vid of just the motor running - will start a thread once I get it back)

Gratuitous crap cell pic, only got to spend an hour in Nashville checking on it Friday before running to Atlanta:

(more photos here: http://s624.photobucket.com/albums/t...uild%20folder/ )

Anyway, appreciate you guys' input on this.

S

I had M-Par reps on my old E34, 19x10 rear and 19x8.5 in front on 245-35s. Car sat really nice. M-Pars ftw!

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

That engine is awesome, did you run it at all before you swapped the supercharger on? I was thinking about doing an aluminum block with the s52 head in the future but did not know what kind of power I would be able to make with it.

Comment

Haven't run the engine yet. When I was up last Friday we started it, but the blower wasn't plumbed yet. We pulled the M50 from it. I'm trying to decide whether to leave the M50 stock, or swap S50 cams in and put it in the e30.

I think I've pretty much decided on sticking with the Rondell's for this. Both have the same amount of lip, believe it or not, and I can run a good 275 tire on it.

Comment

mount the m-pars and sell me the rondell's, that way we all win!

Comment

Working...
          X