wheel poke question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel poke question...

How much of a poke will 16x8 (+5 offset) wheel have on the front of e30?
    Suspension: H&R Race w/billy sports and e90 drop hats.
    Tire Size: 205/50/16
    Is this a doable setup or my fenders will have to be pulled and rolled like crazy?
    Maybe someone has pics of similar wheel/suspension combo for reference... would like to see.
    Thanks
    "i love vee tek, its a wonderful sound when you driving right by it"

If you bought anything from me, please leave a feedback here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ghlight=drulle

16x8 5et 205/45/16
    ground control coilovers no camber plates

with your setup, you'll have less camber
    you'll have to roll the lip of your fender in a little bit, no need to pull or stretch it.

[PAKSIW]
    20D .........
    vmwerks :up:
    ryan gmw :up:

Comment

^^^ awesome, thank you very much... whats the offset in the rear? Mine is going to be +3 with 16x8 wheel

If you bought anything from me, please leave a feedback here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ghlight=drulle

Comment

You should have no problem at all in the rear, Im running 15x9 +0 w/ a slight roll in the back:

And just as word of advice, rears are always going to be easier than fronts. Iif the front works, chance is your rears will be absolutely no probem.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

Poke Stretch Stance

3 words you should avoid using unless you like sounding like a massive douche.

Comment

Originally posted by drulle View Post
            ^^^ awesome, thank you very much... whats the offset in the rear? Mine is going to be +3 with 16x8 wheel
            offset in the rear is 2et
            [PAKSIW]
            20D .........
            vmwerks :up:
            ryan gmw :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
              Poke Stretch Stance

3 words you should avoid using unless you like sounding like a massive douche.
              Why don't you go find somewhere else to troll.

People are asking legitimate questions and giving legitimate answers, and you're the only one sounding like a massive douche.

Comment

^This...

Go here be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
                  And just as word of advice, rears are always going to be easier than fronts. Iif the front works, chance is your rears will be absolutely no probem.
                  You've got this backwards my friend.
                  When taking offsets, tires, and widths into consideration, the front is easier considering you can play with camber.
                  The rears have a double sheet metal style fender. So you might think that your fender looks the way it is on the outside, but it actually caves in more towards your wheel. So your car for example, if you lower it way more, you are going to hit the inner fender.
                  Front fenders are simpler.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

I've got more camber in the back than you can get in the front WITH camber plates haha. Ive got both of my fenders rolled w/ a torch and hammer. My point was simply, in the front you've got the calipers, struts AND fenders to worry about, while in the back the fender is really the only issue. You're totally right, I just wasn't talking/ thinking about the fenders.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by FunfGan View Post
                      You should have no problem at all in the rear, Im running 15x9 +0 w/ a slight roll in the back:

What wheels are those I've been looking at 16X8 wheels with et0 offsets all round the fronts have just the right amount of poke, but the backs could come a bit closer to the guards. It's seems 16X9 et0 at the rear would be perfect. But I can't find any wheels in that size even diamond racing steelies won't make that fitment. It's either 8" or 10" in width not 9"

Comment

So much fail ITT. :sad:

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

sounds like I should be fine... I don't mind doing some work on my front and rear fenders, even if something is not going to come out pretty. I'm planning to respray the whole car in the future anyways.

thanks for all your help and support.

Comment

Everyone who isn't here to hate, is here to help! And I can't wait to see what it looks like when its done. And guy's, my wheel info is in my sig. As it has been for months.

Go here be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by The Humjet View Post
                              What wheels are those I've been looking at 16X8 wheels with et0 offsets all round the fronts have just the right amount of poke, but the backs could come a bit closer to the guards. It's seems 16X9 et0 at the rear would be perfect. But I can't find any wheels in that size even diamond racing steelies won't make that fitment. It's either 8" or 10" in width not 9"
                              DR wheels in 10"...will that fit? HMMmmmm...
                              REMEMBER: Be safe and have fun is Rule Number 1.

The Epic Unbuild of Clint Eastwood

Comment

Working...
                              X