what size rims to get

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • E30_fiend
    replied
    17x8.5 will fit with rolling and a little stretch depending on two things.

    1. How low you are
    2. The offset of the wheels.

    Don't even attempt the 17x10s. But if the 17x8.5 has an offset around 20, you should be ok clearance wise. But if you are not low enough or the offset isn't around 20, it will look stupid AND cause problems.

    Buddy of mine has 17x8 in the front and he cleared just fine with a good roll. He has 17x9s in the rear and had even less issues with them than the front.

    I LOVE 17s on e30s. I think they are the perfect size but it also depends om the wheel choice too.


    Taylor

    Leave a comment:


  • Broom Broom
    replied
    Originally posted by grippymonkey
    usually $100+ a tire depending on size and all. Since it will be a pretty low profile 17" tire for an E30 in an uncommon size they are priced so.

    anyways I love 15x8+ sized wheels on an E30. the tires are cheap, and I think they fit the styling typically of an E30 nicely.
    cheers, i kinda figured they would be more than $100 just wondering if they were over $200 or more

    Leave a comment:


  • 10-66kruk
    replied
    Umm I do believe your questions would have been answered in this thread...




    ---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.640679,-117.594363
    - iPhone via taptalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Danny
    replied
    Sup

    Leave a comment:


  • grippymonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Broom Broom
    anyone know how much tires like this cost?
    usually $100+ a tire depending on size and all. Since it will be a pretty low profile 17" tire for an E30 in an uncommon size they are priced so.

    anyways I love 15x8+ sized wheels on an E30. the tires are cheap, and I think they fit the styling typically of an E30 nicely.

    Leave a comment:


  • Broom Broom
    replied
    go with the stretched tire look, these esm 002's look awesome

    17x8.5

    anyone know how much tires like this cost?
    Attached Files

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by 325ix
    ^Stretch is a Euro creation, not a JDM one.
    I was referring to a chunkier stretch, such as I have. Such as seen on old Skylines and Celica's.

    Leave a comment:


  • henna 3ree
    replied
    i think i am going to get 36" wheels with spinners and just be rollin tonka lol, but really i want the apex arc-8's or 17" basket weaves

    Leave a comment:


  • 325ix
    replied
    ^Stretch is a Euro creation, not a JDM one.

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    13x8.5 out front. 13x10 in the rear. They should be SSR Mk. II's. Get some old school jdm stretch and you'll be set.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Why do you want just the rim? How do you mount tires to just the rim? I hope you're getting them cheap, as I would rather get a whole wheel for my money...

    Just sayin'.

    Leave a comment:


  • InuFaye
    replied
    Originally posted by agile30
    28inch spinners out front with 30s out back

    I concur.

    Leave a comment:


  • agile30
    replied
    28inch spinners out front with 30s out back

    Leave a comment:


  • Roysneon
    replied
    Originally posted by henna 3ree
    am i better off with the apex arc-8?
    For some reason I do like these, see Danny and Suspence's cars for example. They look good.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wh33lhop
    replied
    13x5 -500

    You will need some hydraulics as well. Otherwise they won't fit.

    Leave a comment:

Working...