The Adapter Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Adapter Thread.

Maybe this could turn into an adapter fitment thread, I really don't care. What I'm really looking for is some e38 style 5s on robs 18/20mm adapters. Haven't really found any great shots that shows how far they stick out and whatnot. Like I said any adapter set ups are cool I'm just really looking for them with the e38 fives! Thanks in advance for the pictures!

Any pictures guys?

Comment

5's are +23et
      So they will fit/look like any generic sportmaxx wheel(16x8 0et).

Search pictures of those.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

im reading you have to roll and pull fenders if you use adapter.

Comment

This is a great thread idea, not sure why it wasn't done sooner!

I'm running 4x100 - 5x120 adapters from Rob, 20mm in the front, and 25mm in the rear.
          My wheels are 16x7.5 ET38 ACT weaves, putting them at ET13 rear and ET18 front.

Front fitment:

Rear fitment:

Rear hub:

Rear hub (without overlap plug):

Comment

This may actually be the perfect place for my question. (well, about as close as I could get...) I have a set of 16x8 et0 and et16 wheels. However they're 5lug and even with the smallest adapters I'd be looking at et-18 and et-2. And that I know pokes like hell. However, I should be getting the dtmfiberwerks fender flares here today or tomorrow(http://dtmfiberwerkz.com/access/rive...res-p-343.html). Their website shows "about 2 inches of flare from stock". Anyone have any idea what thickness adapter I should run?

Go ahead and shoot me if this is just a bad idea.

Edit; Just got the flares and they are pretty big...
            Last edited by iansane; 02-09-2012, 02:51 PM.
            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Janderson, since you have the adapters and pictures of said adapters, could you explain to me how those work? Is the plug made of steel rather than aluminum? How does the plug attach to the hub?
              sigpic

Comment

pics of 17" style fives form e39's!

Comment

Originally posted by mr walker View Post
                  Janderson, since you have the adapters and pictures of said adapters, could you explain to me how those work? Is the plug made of steel rather than aluminum? How does the plug attach to the hub?
                  This and who is rob and how can I get some adapters from him?

Comment

^I think this Rob person may have a thread going in the retail forum...maybe group buy? Not sure.

I feel like an idiot asking how the adapters work...I think I know, but the way I see it working in my head seems like it shouldn't work in real lifes.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post
                      This may actually be the perfect place for my question. (well, about as close as I could get...) I have a set of 16x8 et0 and et16 wheels. However they're 5lug and even with the smallest adapters I'd be looking at et-18 and et-2. And that I know pokes like hell. However, I should be getting the dtmfiberwerks fender flares here today or tomorrow(http://dtmfiberwerkz.com/access/rive...res-p-343.html). Their website shows "about 2 inches of flare from stock". Anyone have any idea what thickness adapter I should run?

Go ahead and shoot me if this is just a bad idea.

Edit; Just got the flares and they are pretty big...
                      You'd probably be fine with a 20-25mm adapter and still sit semi-flush. Don't take my word for it though..

I was gonna say you should mount the wheels and the flares to see how much space you had but remembered they were 5 lug :( Maybe you could just do a 5 lug swap?

Comment

yes, finally.

Where can I get the proper adapters to run the 17x8 and 17x9 style 5s?
                        I must know!

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
                        function>form

Comment

This is the guy I got mine from, e30Rob:

You can also get them through 8380 Labs:

Comment

I guess I'll go ahead and bump this again since it seems there are more and more people using adapters. Looking like I'll be using my tax return on the 42 autosports adapters here soon! thinking of going with 18mm front and 20mm rear. e38 style 5s of course!

Comment

Here's my 17" style 5's with 20mm adapters all the way around. These are the wheels from my s50 car so the tires are 215/40-17 which is a little too big for use with the adapters. I'm not running these, just was test fitting with them.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
                              1989 325iC M50 Vert
                              1989 325i Coupe
                              1991 318is
                              1995 318ti Club Sport
                              2006 330i e90
                              2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Working...
                              X