why I don't like stance

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ///M42 sport
    replied
    I dont get how you dont wear out your wheel bearings every 10k or so riding that low.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZekeTheSneak
    replied
    Grow a pair, 16x9 215/40R16 on both cars. Grip for days and daily driven. Both are on BC coilovers with Full shock travel!.





    Oh dont worry the front is coming down even more. Swapping from 200mm springs to 160mm.



    If you dont like stance then show me what your dream e30 looks like? Better yet your own.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bryan///
    replied
    i graduated from the honda scene over a couple years ago now..and even then..that would be ugly in my opinion. I just bought billy sports and some ST springs..similar to H&R races supposedly..i hope it doesnt look like that when installed.

    Leave a comment:


  • ak-
    replied
    Originally posted by Holland
    I said the camber was at the wrong end of the car, not that I would run zero rear.

    Would you run 4 degrees in the rear and .75 up front? Enjoy not steering.
    Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver
    I see stretched tires and tons of camber the same way I see TV's in rear headrests and spinners; all of it is purely for looks with no real world function.

    Leave a comment:


  • AndrewBird
    replied
    I see stretched tires and tons of camber the same way I see TV's in rear headrests and spinners; all of it is purely for looks with no real world function.

    Not my style, but to each his own. I prefer "meaty" tires as well, to a point, but nice flush fitting wheels and tires look best IMO and I think most would agree, are the most functional.

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by Jaxx_
    you would run a 0 degree setup in the rear for track purposes? Enjoy your sidewall wear.
    I said the camber was at the wrong end of the car, not that I would run zero rear.

    Would you run 4 degrees in the rear and .75 up front? Enjoy not steering.

    Leave a comment:


  • sofargone561
    replied
    i think that picture is sexy as fuck. iff i ever DD an e30 it will be stanced the fuck out =p lol

    Leave a comment:


  • jason952
    replied
    Originally posted by yanal
    function > form !
    +1000

    Leave a comment:


  • JasonC
    replied
    Originally posted by J308
    How is this thread not locked and deleted?
    Why would it be? Just because they're making fun of "stance" and you dont like it? I like bro trucks and we had a thread on here hating on them. Should it of got locked or deleted... No... There is no harm in stating ones opinion. But now if this was clearly a troll thread, then yes something should be done. But this isnt.
    Last edited by JasonC; 12-24-2011, 01:01 AM. Reason: h

    Leave a comment:


  • Ant_e30
    replied
    I think it looks great. Stretch is necessary to fit aggressive wheels like that, tyre curve angle matches guard curve type thing.

    I genuinely don't understand why so many people on this forum seem to think an e30 is a natural born race car? Sure it's small, light and has good chassis balance but not everyone thinks oh great I'll put some 16x8s with meaty tyres some upgraded springs and shocks and hit the race track. I just drive round the streets. If I want my car low and with aggressive wheels then so what? Also the stretch accentuates the wheel width too just adding to the effect.

    At the end of the day these cars are getting pretty cheap these days so people can buy them and do what they like with them. Also all it takes to go from the op pic to what all you lot want is raising the car and some new tyres or cheap generic track type wheels. It's actually harder to dial in a nice aggressive setup than you seem to think.

    Leave a comment:


  • slaterd
    replied
    [quote=Cliche Guevara;2914462]: shove the fattest slab of rubber possible on the wheel. quote]
    Click image for larger version

Name:	where's the beef.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	7138950

    Leave a comment:


  • Cliche Guevara
    replied
    I work at a tire shop and today I had a guy ask me about getting a set of 195-40-16 tires for his $300 (ugly as hell) 9" wide wheels for his late 90s Jetta. It was very difficult for me to supress my laughter. I like to do the exact opposite of stretching: shove the fattest slab of rubber possible on the wheel. Also, I like to be able to see a fair amount of camber on the rear end, though not nearly to the extent that you see in the OP.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaxx_
    replied
    Originally posted by Holland
    The camber is on the wrong end of the car.

    Front camber: racecar
    Rear camber: douchecar
    you would run a 0 degree setup in the rear for track purposes? Enjoy your sidewall wear.
    Originally posted by Eecen
    It's shit like this r3v....
    werd.
    Originally posted by antil33t
    The whole point in streched tires is so you look like a clown, and other streched tire owners can see that you are keen for some arse streching.

    its a mating call.

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    Originally posted by antil33t
    The whole point in streched tires is so you look like a clown, and other streched tire owners can see that you are keen for some arse streching.

    its a mating call.
    Way #106 to make yourself look like a fool on the internet...



    Also, I know many members hate my car, but how do people feel about my "stance"? I'm totally changing my setup soon, but I'm curious...

    Leave a comment:


  • Holland
    replied
    That E34 posted above is a perfect example of how stanced cars should look. That in my book is doing it right for stance.

    Leave a comment:

Working...