why I don't like stance

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Originally posted by Roysneon
    Well one day you will also be able to relate concepts such as like and hate, cold and hot, maybe even wet and dry to one another the way I can.

    My analogies were spot on, you chose the worst example of a "stanced" or flush fitted car and posted it as if it represents the majority.
    If you say so. Also it was my personal opinion, It had no real relation to that car, as a matter of fact I like that touring except the pathetic sized tires. Nice thing about coilovers or bags is being able to drop them that low if that's your thing.

    Leave a comment:


  • FunfGan
    replied
    I loved your analogies

    Leave a comment:


  • Roysneon
    replied
    Originally posted by M-technik-3
    I like how you relate Like to Hate, seems you are askew yourself.
    Well one day you will also be able to relate concepts such as like and hate, cold and hot, maybe even wet and dry to one another the way I can.

    My analogies were spot on, you chose the worst example of a "stanced" or flush fitted car and posted it as if it represents the majority.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZekeTheSneak
    replied
    Side view! That car sounds promising ^

    Leave a comment:


  • mikeedler
    replied
    Not that I really know jack about stanced cars, but my M3 has been on these wheels/tire size/ suspension since 1992!

    I think the stanced look comes from Germany as far as i know. I came over here in 1994 and that look was nothing new here. It had to do with stuffing the largest most aggressive wheels on a car, but still needing to meet the weight classification, and no tread past the fender thing directed by TÜV over here.


    more pics of my car, but it is perfectly "stanced" to me. lower is almost imposible (the inner fenders are already trimmed and worked as much as possible. yes, I do not have full turning radius, but my car is not on a racetrack and handles just fine for all the speeds allowed here where I am at.






    to each, his own, all things can be overdone.

    Leave a comment:


  • M-technik-3
    replied
    Originally posted by Roysneon
    The original post is just like someone posting a thread titled:

    Why I don't like white people


    OR:

    Why I don't like rock music:


    Pick the worst and most extreme example. I don't like that car at all, and anyone who does I would be quick to question their taste.

    This is why I do like stanced cars:


    Guess what else? IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A FUCKING RACE CAR! It's and objectionable style, true, but saying you don't like it because it's not "functional" is irrelevant. That's like supporting one racing team over another because you like their livery better.

    If you want a racecar, by all means go build one, but there is a place for racecars and a place for nice street cars that are fun to run about in and look good.
    I like how you relate Like to Hate, seems you are askew yourself.

    Leave a comment:


  • CrusherCurtis
    replied
    I really love it but would never do it to my own car. Same way I love my roomates 77 regal with 24" wheels, but again would never do to my car. This e30 makes me cream like a school girl. Who's is it BTW?



    Leave a comment:


  • Cliche Guevara
    replied
    Originally posted by carlb
    I've never seen a set of 18's on a e30 that I have liked as much as this pic. I saved this pic in my inspiration folder about a year ago. I agree with your taste sir.
    Funny story, way back when I was 15 and looking for my first car I found this one on Autotrader. It was listed as a 318is for $4,000 lol. Of course, back then I didn't know shit-all about Bimmers and just thought I was insanely lucky. So I email the guy and he said he was in England on business at the moment with the car, but he'd be willing to ship it over if we send him the money through a Paypall-type website.

    SURPRISE! It was a scam lol.

    Here's some pics and a list of what's been done to the car by the actual owner:




    He has another, absolutely insane E30 that he's working on right now:

    Leave a comment:


  • carlb
    replied
    I've never seen a set of 18's on a e30 that I have liked as much as this pic. I saved this pic in my inspiration folder about a year ago. I agree with your taste sir.

    Originally posted by Cliche Guevara
    245-35-18 front and rear on CSL replicas.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cliche Guevara
    replied
    Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak
    I like seeing other peoples ideas of perfect e30s. If anything its inspirational.
    245-35-18 front and rear on CSL replicas.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    Those wheels are nice, but the tires are retarded.

    Leave a comment:


  • Roysneon
    replied
    The original post is just like someone posting a thread titled:

    Why I don't like white people


    OR:

    Why I don't like rock music:


    Pick the worst and most extreme example. I don't like that car at all, and anyone who does I would be quick to question their taste.

    This is why I do like stanced cars:


    Guess what else? IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A FUCKING RACE CAR! It's and objectionable style, true, but saying you don't like it because it's not "functional" is irrelevant. That's like supporting one racing team over another because you like their livery better.

    If you want a racecar, by all means go build one, but there is a place for racecars and a place for nice street cars that are fun to run about in and look good.
    Last edited by Roysneon; 12-30-2011, 06:17 PM. Reason: Fixed pictures

    Leave a comment:


  • ZekeTheSneak
    replied
    SA E30 what control arms are those?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jaxx_
    replied
    Originally posted by ZekeTheSneak
    Jaxx_

    A brand new 325es?
    feed the troll moar plz. that wasn't a good reply

    Leave a comment:


  • 325ix
    replied
    I don't like super stance, therefore nobody else is allowed to.

    Leave a comment:

Working...