Agreed. The op picture is much more akin to herrafrush.
However, for my own benefit, I usually automatically lump all discussions of "stance", "flush", "stretch", etc. into the same category, and try my best to just get on with my day.
Personally, I buy the tire I want, the wheel I want, put the suspension I want on it, and decide how compromised I want my alignment to be (dd/performance) and go.
why I don't like stance
Collapse
X
-
I feel the term "stance" is subjective to each individuals own definition. Personally "Stance" means (on a lowered car) we are looking at the ride height, wheel gap, and tire profile.
I don't like camber, it reminds me of walking around pretending my knees are stuck together. But i understand it comes with the territory of lowering your car. Just as long as its not like in the picture put up by OP im okay the more flush it is with the flow of the body the better.
Tire stretching, meh. I like a bit of curvature but if the wheel itself is sticking out beyond the sidewall... meh not for me.
something like this i approve.
Leave a comment:
-
The only poking and rubber stretching should be done in the bedroom.
I don't understand the whole stanced thing, BUT SOME, and I mean a small percentage look ok. To me a car should be functional just as much as it looks good.Leave a comment:
-
The whole point in streched tires is so you look like a clown, and other streched tire owners can see that you are keen for some arse streching.
its a mating call.Leave a comment:
-
How is this thread not locked and deleted?
Was I wrong before? Is this the first Stance thread that has EVER occurred on r3v?
Btw, nice, NICE, NOICE job on the Depp reference. Weeeelllll playyyyed.Leave a comment:
-
I have no doubt you would
I'd tell you to make a road trip down here, but my car is apart. Oh, and I'm trying to get a set of wheels with chunky tires, imagine that!
Yes...? :sad:Leave a comment:
-
i didn't say it was ONLY for drifting. i merely mentioned that drifting is one of its applications. In my opinion the only and "whole point" that I would ever do it would be for drifting.Leave a comment:
-
-
-
-
The whole point of stretching tires[in the real world] is for drifting. since you burn up tires so fast, why buy the proper size when you can buy a cheaper smaller size that will work right? The added stretch helps the sidewall not to flex & un-bead while being thrown sideways. also, the stretch and camber adds for a small contact patch, and in the case of drifting, you don't want traction. so using undersized tires allows for the driver to break traction easier and slide all day long. :D
in the case of the picture shown. looks tacky as ever on the carLeave a comment:
-


Leave a comment: